• Baloo memory leak

Since the update to Plasma 5.14 Baloo shows up with two processes in KSysGuard at system startup , one of them occuping gradually more and more memory and slowing down the system (CPU at 100%).
    As of now the only solution is to kill second the process.

Is this a known issue or just affecting me?

• No problem here with Baloo. Ksysguard shows single instance of baloo_file running, using 2,828 K of memory and 19,696 K shared memory. Maybe Baloo carrying out file indexing operations at the time?

• I see two processes with name baloo in ksysguard

baloo_file No-CPu% Mem- 2752K Shared-Mem 19340K
    baloo_runner No-CPU% Mem-4428K Shared-Mem 34332K

• it is stil an indexer…

you can disable it https://community.kde.org/Baloo/Configuration#Enable_.2F_Disable

probably also with a gui… you can look if something changed…

• @BlaiseD
    Do you also experience a memory leak?

• Turning Baloo off solves the above issue, however I do need indexing to find my music files with Elisa.
    Could somebody please suggest a solution?

0_1539885463752_bug.png

Below you can see the contents of my ~/.config/baloofilerc file:

[Basic Settings]
    Indexing-Enabled=true

[General]
    dbVersion=2
    exclude filters=*.init,*.part,*.ini,_darcs,*.po,autom4te,*.faa,*.fq,.obj,CMakeCache.txt,*.so,*.rej,CVS,core-dumps,CTestTestfile.cmake,*.loT,*.gbff,*.la,.pch,ui_*.h,CMakeTmpQmake,*.vm*,nbproject,*.omf,.npm,.moc,confdefs.h,*.fna,*.pyo,qrc_*.cpp,*.pyc,*.moc,CMakeFiles,*.gmo,*.swap,.svn,*.qrc,*.o,.hg,*.elc,*.csproj,node_packages,conftest,*.lo,.yarn,*.jsc,.uic,confstat,.bzr,node_modules,*.tmp,*.pc,moc_*.cpp,po,*.m4,.git,CMakeTmp,*.a,lzo,.yarn-cache,*.aux,*.gb,*.fastq,.xsession-errors*,Makefile.am,*.class,*.map,libtool,litmain.sh,*.rcore,.histfile.*,*~,cmake_install.cmake,*.fasta,__pycache__,*.orig,config.status,*.qmlc,*.nvram,lost+found,*.db
    exclude filters version=4
    first run=false
    folders[$e]=$HOME/
    only basic indexing=false

• Could always give recoll a shot to test :) Mayby is some index file corrupted that causing this issue ?

you can try to rename those index files so it going to make any new on before that you can look first in baloo status ?

• @hordosikrisztian no I do not have a memory leak

• @ringo32
    Thank you for your suggestion, it seems that the issue was just temporary, because all I needed to do is clear the pacman packages cache. Hopefully it was just a version conflict.

I’ll keep this open for a couple of days, in case things turn sour again.

• I haven’t experienced any suspicious behaviour for half a day (and a single reboot), so I guess I’ll close this one.

memory12 baloo3 leak2 Posts 10Views 463
Bloom Email Optin Plugin

Looks like your connection to Antergos Community Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.