• Keyboard & mousepad

Ok I have two problems:

1. At times when I boot up my laptop it gets to the login screen and the keyboard and mousepad won’t work, I can’t type anything or control the mouse cursor, what I have to do is plugin my wireless mouse to ge control of the cursor then keep rebooting the laptop until the keyboard and mousepad decides to respond, I think it might be a hardware issue because its been the same with every distro i’ve tried.

2. When I close the lid on my laptop and come back and open it up screen won’t come back on, I can hear the hard drive and the lights come back on but the screen is still black.

I have a Toshiba Satellite L775D-S7223

any help would be greatly appreciated thanks.

• Ok I have two problems:

1. At times when I boot up my laptop it gets to the login screen and the keyboard and mousepad won’t work, I can’t type anything or control the mouse cursor, what I have to do is plugin my wireless mouse to ge control of the cursor then keep rebooting the laptop until the keyboard and mousepad decides to respond, I think it might be a hardware issue because its been the same with every distro i’ve tried.

2. When I close the lid on my laptop and come back and open it up screen won’t come back on, I can hear the hard drive and the lights come back on but the screen is still black.

I have a Toshiba Satellite L775D-S7223

any help would be greatly appreciated thanks.

• @“Samuels”:1epw6c3p said:

1. When I close the lid on my laptop and come back and open it up screen won’t come back on, I can hear the hard drive and the lights come back on but the screen is still black.[/quote:1epw6c3p]
      I have the very same problem ever since I have installed Antergos. My computer refuses to “wake up” and the worst thing of all is that there is no way to gain control over it other than the POWER ON/OFF button!!!

1.Antergos Linux KDE plasma / Gnome 2.Ubuntu 17.10 64bit Unity
    Intel Core2 Duo CPU P8400 2.26GHz‖ RAM 3908 MiB ‖ Dell Inc. 0F328M - Dell Inc. Latitude E6500
    Intel Mobile 4 Series Chipset Integrated Graphics [8086:2a42] {i915

• Hmm…
    Ad1) If You are experienced Linux user You can play with modules priority loading /etc/mkinitcpio.conf. But this stuff is dangerous, so be careful. This is a long shot anyway.
    Ad2) The question is - what Your computer is doing after You close the lid. Hibernation, or suspend? Anyway - I’m familiar with the problem and in my case solution was really simple - You should configure your system to hibernate/suspend correctly. You have to use swap partition for that (You can also use “dumping to file” option if You dont have swap partition), configure grub, and do some more stuff. Check Arch Linux wiki for more details: [https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/Suspend_and_hibernate][0]">[https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/Su][1] … _hibernate
    Another solution is to set Your PC to shut down/do nothing after closing the lid (“dummy solution”).

[0]: <a href=
    [1]: https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/Su

Posts 4Views 1002