• Problem with Login Mgr \[SOLVED\]

Does any one else have issues with GDM Login screen? on my system it is very prone to error. If I miss the sequence of normal steps to login I will be stuck at login screen and have to reboot for another chance to login.

1- click on time clock
    2- choose user name
    3- choose DE (GNOME or Classic)
    4- Insert Password
    5- Press Enter

If I stray from this list, say I enter the password before selecting GNOME DE, I will be stuck at the login screen until I press restart from the menu.

• Does any one else have issues with GDM Login screen? on my system it is very prone to error. If I miss the sequence of normal steps to login I will be stuck at login screen and have to reboot for another chance to login.

1- click on time clock
    2- choose user name
    3- choose DE (GNOME or Classic)
    4- Insert Password
    5- Press Enter

If I stray from this list, say I enter the password before selecting GNOME DE, I will be stuck at the login screen until I press restart from the menu.

• I use gdm and just hit<enter> <password> <enter> and it takes me right to gnome. Did you remove lightdm?

[img:1pt1tebw]http://i59.tinypic.com/33e3r08.png[/img:1pt1tebw]
    [b:1pt1tebw]Don't forget to mark your thread as [SOLVED] [/b:1pt1tebw]

• @“maxpro4u”:1qc29c04 said:

I use gdm and just hit<enter> <password> <enter> and it takes me right to gnome. Did you remove lightdm?[/quote:1qc29c04]Jeez, I know its not perfect but must the first solution you recommend always be to remove it and install GDM?

• I can live with the present login sequence, I’m now aware that there are certain issues pertaining to Cannonical and their implementation of LightDM with Arch, I was just wodering if this was a general thing or only my install was affected. Even though the thought of removing LightDM had occured to me, I’ll stick with what the Antergos crew have decided to go with for now and see how it works out.

• if one was using kde I would say install kdm and remove the ‘other’.

[img:1pt1tebw]http://i59.tinypic.com/33e3r08.png[/img:1pt1tebw]
    [b:1pt1tebw]Don't forget to mark your thread as [SOLVED] [/b:1pt1tebw]

• @“maxpro4u”:2jgdik1o said:

if one was using kde I would say install kdm and remove the ‘other’.

Posts 7Views 2244