• Antergos not booting

i can only see /dev/sda …

do you try mount /dev/sdb2 as i advice you?

there is no possible other place where Antergos could be installed:

Disk /dev/sdb: 232.9 GiB, 250059350016 bytes, 488397168 sectors

Device         Start       End   Sectors   Size Type
    /dev/sdb1       2048      5953      3906   1.9M BIOS boot
    /dev/sdb2       5954 480410249 480404296 229.1G EFI System
    /dev/sdb3  480410250 488397134   7986885   3.8G Linux filesystem

can you make a shot of what filebrowser show from /mnt/custom ?

• I did mount /dev/sdb2 /mnt and the output is
    mount: /mnt: /dev/sdb2 already mounted on /mnt

and this is /mnt/custom
    0_1539714554456_Screenshot from 2018-10-16 18-28-15.png

• Guys, maybe I should open a new thread?
    I reinstalled Antergos on the Windows partition where there were no files I needed to save. When I log in with the pw I set during the installation the session opens normally. When I want to install gparted, or mount a partition, or change my pw the permission is denied - with the exact same pw which of course I wrote out in Office Writer to make sure I have the correct keyboard. Which is the case. I don’t know how to continue… Can someone help, maybe?

• what should we do ? you can change your password from LiveISO after arch-chroot into new installed system.

with passwd username or passwd for root

• @joekamprad - Well, why would the pw be accepted to open a session but not to add a package/program, that is what I don’t understand.

• may different keyboardlayout on login and inside session? is it GNOME you have installed? if yes take a look inside region and language settings

• Thx, yes it is Gnome. Coming back to my f…d up Antergos install for which Manuel gave me precise instructions on how to reinstall properly: I reinstalled Antergos on the 1T HDD and should now be able to access the 250GB HDD where we could not access my files. Thx to joekamprad we created a directory mnt/custom where my files should be visible but they are not. Below is the present set up with the 250GB
    HDD listed but I still have not found the data that were there, and there is no reason they shoud have disappeared… And, remember, this all happened after a simple update.
    0_1540050398634_Capture d’écran de 2018-10-20 15-45-37.png

• gparted shows it now as ext4, and you should see files on it (250 GO) inside filebrowser…
    first the root filesystem of your messed up Antergos install and a folder called home with a folder named as your username…

• Thank you, there is no home directory on this HDD:
    0_1540112473826_Capture d’écran de 2018-10-21 08-57-43.png

• 0_1540113389899_Bildschirmfoto vom 2018-10-21 11-16-16.png
    this is how root filesystem should look like…

• It is the case on all other HDD except this one… I don’t know what to do, and I cannot believe these files were erased during an update, that seems impossible.

• you must have done something, as far as i know it is not possible to erase all the system related data with an update…

you do not have /bin /etc and /home …

Do you may try to save data from the device to another one?

I am not sure if it is may possible to recover filesystem with tools like testdisk or ddrescue, and this is also a long annoying procedure with the need to get knowledged abou howto do it…

• I agree, updating has never affected my personal files and there is no reason it should erase them. I am trying Testdisk …(https://www.tecmint.com/photorec-recover-deleted-lost-files-in-linux/)

• I wish you luck! ↩ HAPPY RECOVERY ;)

• Thx, I recovered absolutely NOTHING. I think I give up.

• to me it looks like partly removed files from the partition…

booting55 Posts 76Views 2160
Bloom Email Optin Plugin

Looks like your connection to Antergos Community Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.