• Pacman Cache Nearly Full

I’ve nearly 30GB in my pacman cache. I’d like reduce the space used a fair bit. On searching I keep seeing recommendations to use paccache however I can’t find paccache either in antergos package manager or by tryign to install through pacman. Has it been superseded and if so what should I use now to safely remove old versions of packages or orphan packages?

• @eamonn-doyle
    It can be found in package pacman-contrib.

• You could use e.g. command:

sudo paccache -r -k 1

This keeps one version instead of the default three.

• @manuel Many thanks. I’d seen references to pacman-contrib but hadn’t realised it was an actual package itself. Installed and now cleaned. Just over 23GB of space reclaimed.

• @eamonn-doyle
    BTW, this might be of interest to you if you are more familiar with commands of some other Linux distros:
    https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/Pacman/Rosetta

• @manuel Many thanks that’s indeed very useful. Was more used to Ubuntu and thus apt. I recently on my laptop managed to ruin my pacman cache when it was full as well by doing a clean through the desktop manager (not sure exactly how I managed it). None of the packages were recognised as installed. Was easier to just reinstall in that instance so was more careful this time hence the question.

pacman122 full15 cache5 nearly1 Posts 6Views 295
Bloom Email Optin Plugin

Looks like your connection to Antergos Community Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.