• New installer is broken

Your new and improved installer is broken, it gets to installing bootloader and stops. This problem is experienced on several machines, multiple tries.

• @listening
    Which version of the cnchi installer you used?

I just tested with 0.16.8 and it installed everything OK.
    The only minor issue I had was that, in the end of installation, after pressing button OK to reboot, it seemed to get stuck. But a simple reboot solved that.

• Strange. I reinstalled (info a VirtualBox VM), actually a few times.
    And there were random differences during every install.

• The first install (mentioned in the previous post) was almost OK.
    • The second install: cnchi couldn’t update itself, but remained at 0.14.475. Attempt to manually update cnchi failed with PGP signature errors.
    • The third install: like the first one, but no button in the end for reboot.
    • The fourth install: again only cnchi 0.14.475, cnchi update has PGP errors again. Tried to install with cnchi 0.14.475, but it stuck on mirror ranking.

So these results show that the biggest problem is: cnchi cannot update itself reliably.

• I am having the same issue with 0.16.8

• I am also having the same issue with getting stuck at installing bootloader on 0.16.8. I gave it an hour last night and this morning.

• give it 10 minutes and reboot, it installs all fine but seem to have a problem updating the slides… you can also open a terminal and put tail -f /tmp/cnchi/cnchi.log to get live output of logging from cnchi!

• @joekamprad
    With ISO 18.9 the terminal command is now:

tail -f /var/log/cnchi/cnchi.log

Anyway, the biggest problem is: cnchi does not always update itself in the beginning, and without updating, installing is impossible.

• Just found a way to install with ISO 18.9 in case when cnchi cannot update itself.
    First, close cnchi window.
    Then, start a terminal and run the following terminal commands:

su
    rm -rf /etc/pacman.d/gnupg   # complains about a busy resource, just ignore it
    pacman-key --init
    pacman-key --populate
    pacman -Sy cnchi

After cnchi is updated, start cnchi again using the icon on the left edge of the window.

@karasu : got the above from cnchi’s file install.py. But there is a call to dirmngr (near line 442) that I didn’t need, is that still required?

• @manuel i do not get cnchi not updated on my last 3 testinstalls…

• karasu is very busy at the moment so he will need some time to get into the issues, also as they are lot of changes with cnchi.

• @joekamprad said in New installer is broke.:

i do not get cnchi not updated on my last 3 testinstalls…

Yes, it (usually) works if you haven’t tried to install just before a new install.
    But try the following:

Start installing it (on a VM maybe). Right after cnchi has updated itself, close cnchi, reboot, and try to install again. For me that (usually) doesn’t work without the extra commands.

So it is kind of random behavior.

• @joekamprad said in New installer is broke.:

karasu is very busy at the moment so he will need some time to get into the issues, also as they are lot of changes with cnchi.

I can understand that, and that’s why I’m trying to help here as much as I can.

• I forced update the cnchi to 0.16.8 but it’s still stuck at “Installing bootloader…” So sad :(

• I found that I can install successfully by keeping older version of cnchi as below step:

1. Access to wifi and let Cnchi update completely.
    2. Run reflector to make it sort your Arch mirrors for you (cnchi stuck at sort mirror step sometimes):
      sudo reflector -l 30 -f 15 --save /etc/pacman.d/mirrorlist
    3. Run sudo pacman -Syy to check that the mirrors are working
    4. Install downgrade pacman -S downgrade
    5. Downgrade cnchi by downgrade cnchi and choose the older version of cnchi.
    6. Start cnchi by cnchi icon on the left. And not rank your mirrors automatically, so in mirrors page select “Leave the mirrors lists as they are (by default)”
    7. Enjoy.

Please tell me if this workaround works. :)

• Also a workaround is to arch-chroot into installed system and install bootloader manually:

https://antergos.com/wiki/miscellaneous/how-to-fix-grub-with-efi-boot/

possible directly from inside LiveEnvironment or by rebooting into LiveIso (more save)

• @tuanla said in New installer is broke.:

I forced update the cnchi to 0.16.8 but it’s still stuck at “Installing bootloader…”

Actually it only needs a reboot. The whole install process at that stage is already done.
    And it is not unheard of the have the installer seemingly stuck in the end. That occurred with Ubuntu for many years… ;)

• Hi,

Version 0.16.9 shouldn’t block in the bootloader installer step.

I didn’t fix it, it’s just it won’t crash anymore. I still need to check what’s wrong.

• @karasu said in New installer is broke.:

Version 0.16.9 shouldn’t block in the bootloader installer step.
    I didn’t fix it, it’s just it won’t crash anymore. I still need to check what’s wrong.

Please, I’d be grateful if anybody can confirm this. I’m not confident with just testing this myself.

Thanks!

• @karasu sure we do so ✋

• @karasu
    Here it gets visually stuck still. But now it shows the dialog for reboot, which then gets visually stuck when I click the OK button. A manual reboot will then go to the installed system OK.

installer54 broke24 Posts 52Views 2428
Bloom Email Optin Plugin

Looks like your connection to Antergos Community Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.