• \[SOLVED\] Installation Antergos 2014.06.24

I’ve had two problems installing Antergos.
    The first was I couldn’t boot the Live CD (burned into a DVD/RW) with the normal kernel (I’ve boot the system with safe kernel).
    The problem was fixed as I’ve put the ISO into a USB stick (as the antergos team - absolutely right - suggesting…)
    The second one was more complex:
    I could connect to the internet (via WiFi), the Cnchi graphical installer started without problems, made the partition scheme etc.
    BUT when it was starting to install hanged to 0%…
    I’ve checked the /tmp/cnchi.log and I’ve found that it couldn’t connect to the mirrors…
    I’ve had this problem in Netrunner Rolling too, so I had known the solution:
    [b:3p4xwzcb]To change the /etc/resolv.conf adding OpenDNS or Google DNS addresses BEFORE the /etc/resolv.conf defaults (which are taken by my router) or to change router DNS defaults putting OpenDNS or Google DNS at first. [/b:3p4xwzcb]
    So, the installer have continued with success and now I’m a proud user of Antergos!
    Before thinking this solution I’ve searched this forum, trying to solve it through cnchi-dev or testing.sh but without success, as I’ve had no connection with nameservers…
    To whom it may concern the OpenDNS addresses are: 208.67.222.222 and 208.67.220.220
    and the Google DNS addresses are: 8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4

• I’ve had two problems installing Antergos.
    The first was I couldn’t boot the Live CD (burned into a DVD/RW) with the normal kernel (I’ve boot the system with safe kernel).
    The problem was fixed as I’ve put the ISO into a USB stick (as the antergos team - absolutely right - suggesting…)
    The second one was more complex:
    I could connect to the internet (via WiFi), the Cnchi graphical installer started without problems, made the partition scheme etc.
    BUT when it was starting to install hanged to 0%…
    I’ve checked the /tmp/cnchi.log and I’ve found that it couldn’t connect to the mirrors…
    I’ve had this problem in Netrunner Rolling too, so I had known the solution:
    [b:3p4xwzcb]To change the /etc/resolv.conf adding OpenDNS or Google DNS addresses BEFORE the /etc/resolv.conf defaults (which are taken by my router) or to change router DNS defaults putting OpenDNS or Google DNS at first. [/b:3p4xwzcb]
    So, the installer have continued with success and now I’m a proud user of Antergos!
    Before thinking this solution I’ve searched this forum, trying to solve it through cnchi-dev or testing.sh but without success, as I’ve had no connection with nameservers…
    To whom it may concern the OpenDNS addresses are: 208.67.222.222 and 208.67.220.220
    and the Google DNS addresses are: 8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4

• hi, I’m having the same problem with the installation, the’m trying to do and stays at 0%, and the log tells me that it could not connect to host, try adding these addresses but not continuous

PS: sorry if it’s a bad English, I speak Spanish and use a translator

• Hi,

Try exiting the installer, then run this command:

sudo pacman -Syy

Now restart the installer from the App Menu. Let me know if ti helps

• to run pacman -Syy shows me:

error: failed retrieving file 'core.db' from mirror.unitedcolo.de : Could not resolve host: mirror.unitedcolo.de  
    error: failed retrieving file 'core.db' from mirror.bpiotrowski.pl : Could not resolve host: mirror.bpiotrowski.pl

with all mirrors

• This should fix the mirror problem for you:

su  
    reflector -l 30 -f 10 --save /etc/pacman.d/mirrorlist  
    pacman -Syy  
    cnchi -dv

Cheers!

• to run reflector… shows me:

error: failed to retrieve mirror data: (<urlopen error [Errno -2] Name or service not known\>)

shows the same message CLI

• Are you able to pull up any websites from the Live system? It appears the problem is with your network connection. It could be a DNS issue, you can activate google dns easily from the network connection settings: Just choose “Automatic, addresses only” under IPv4 and add this to the DNS field:[code:2jrqvh1w]8.8.8.8,8.8.4.4[/code:2jrqvh1w]. Also go ahead and choose “Ignore” under IPv6 then reset the connection (disable then enable it)

Best Regards,
    Dustin

• if I can browse the internet normally, adding dns no improvement.
    I could do the installation, but strangely from the house of a friend. but to get to my house I see that I can not update or install anything from the repositories, and I can not understand what the problem is, because if it does archlinux

• Just so I can understand…you can browse websites without issue?

• if I can

• If??? I don’t understand. Why are you talking in hypothetical terms? I want to help you but I think there is a language barrier between us

• @“g7av0”:2n9fn7gu said:

if I can browse the internet normally, adding dns no improvement.
    I could do the installation, but strangely from the house of a friend. but to get to my house I see that I can not update or install anything from the repositories, and I can not understand what the problem is, because if it does archlinux[/quote:2n9fn7gu]
    you need to report your problem in a new thread

[img:1pt1tebw]http://i59.tinypic.com/33e3r08.png[/img:1pt1tebw]
    [b:1pt1tebw]Don't forget to mark your thread as [SOLVED] [/b:1pt1tebw]

• If it works from house of friend, but not in Your house, maybe it’s something with internet connection?
    Antergos not always autoconnect to network (especially when it’s password protected).

• @“Alphanumerix”:7gujslmg said:

Antergos not always autoconnect to network (especially when it’s password protected).[/quote:7gujslmg]This has been corrected on the latest iso

Cheers!

• @“lots.0.logs”:szc4l4wn said:

This has been corrected on the latest iso
    Nice!
    I will try it then when, maybe when LXQT, or at least “pure” plasma-desktop will be pickable from DE’s list :p

• will continue with the thread in Spanish, thanks for your help in the same way.

and I can search the internet with the browser, but the connection with the server of repository is not possible in the connection of my house

• @“Alphanumerix”:8rz1r0y3 said:

or at least “pure” plasma-desktop will be pickable from DE’s list :p[/quote:8rz1r0y3]I’ve had to accept the fact that it’s impossible to please everyone

• @“lots.0.logs”:6wbtj8t7 said:

@“Alphanumerix”:6wbtj8t7 said:

or at least “pure” plasma-desktop will be pickable from DE’s list :p[/quote:6wbtj8t7]I’ve had to accept the fact that it’s impossible to please everyone
    Well then,I will take the opportunity given here,and say, a BIG Thank You, to 'The Team" for a GREAT Arch distro and for effort taken to produce ,one of the BEST Arch distros out there! .
    I for one, am VERY pleased!!!

• i think the DE selection is pretty nice. hard to cover everything.

Posts 21Views 4960