• \[Solved\] Unable to log in

I deleted and reformed the old partitions for a fresh install (KDE as opposed to gnome). Unfortunately, I can’t log in. When I click on the clock, the box where I should be to type in my password isn’t there, and just typing my password doesn’t do anything, it’s just a non-responsive white box in the middle of the screen (with background) and I can’t go any further than that.
    Notes: I ran cnchi-dev to install the KDE desktop, otherwise it wouldn’t have worked, I don’t know if it’s a problem with that.

If there’s some way to log in or bypass that screen that’d be great. (Note, I do have OS X on another partition.)

• I deleted and reformed the old partitions for a fresh install (KDE as opposed to gnome). Unfortunately, I can’t log in. When I click on the clock, the box where I should be to type in my password isn’t there, and just typing my password doesn’t do anything, it’s just a non-responsive white box in the middle of the screen (with background) and I can’t go any further than that.
    Notes: I ran cnchi-dev to install the KDE desktop, otherwise it wouldn’t have worked, I don’t know if it’s a problem with that.

If there’s some way to log in or bypass that screen that’d be great. (Note, I do have OS X on another partition.)

• Try entering tty screen by pressing Ctrl+Alt+ F2 (or another F key) and give your password there. You can return by pressing Ctrl+Alt+F1…
    This is as far as I can go. To fix it, you ll have to wait for more experienced assistance…

1.Antergos Linux KDE plasma / Gnome 2.Ubuntu 17.10 64bit Unity
    Intel Core2 Duo CPU P8400 2.26GHz‖ RAM 3908 MiB ‖ Dell Inc. 0F328M - Dell Inc. Latitude E6500
    Intel Mobile 4 Series Chipset Integrated Graphics [8086:2a42] {i915

• I recently have a log-in problem.
    Since last week I was able to log-in 2 out of 30 times I tried. The system boots and then the screen goes black. I mean illuminated but black and empty, except for the pointer. The log-in box doesn’t appear.
    Otherwise the system is working, because I can open ttys and they work.
    Any suggestion on how to fix it would be welcome.

Posts 4Views 1653