• \[Solved\] Unable to log in

I deleted and reformed the old partitions for a fresh install (KDE as opposed to gnome). Unfortunately, I can’t log in. When I click on the clock, the box where I should be to type in my password isn’t there, and just typing my password doesn’t do anything, it’s just a non-responsive white box in the middle of the screen (with background) and I can’t go any further than that.
    Notes: I ran cnchi-dev to install the KDE desktop, otherwise it wouldn’t have worked, I don’t know if it’s a problem with that.

If there’s some way to log in or bypass that screen that’d be great. (Note, I do have OS X on another partition.)

• I deleted and reformed the old partitions for a fresh install (KDE as opposed to gnome). Unfortunately, I can’t log in. When I click on the clock, the box where I should be to type in my password isn’t there, and just typing my password doesn’t do anything, it’s just a non-responsive white box in the middle of the screen (with background) and I can’t go any further than that.
    Notes: I ran cnchi-dev to install the KDE desktop, otherwise it wouldn’t have worked, I don’t know if it’s a problem with that.

If there’s some way to log in or bypass that screen that’d be great. (Note, I do have OS X on another partition.)

• Try entering tty screen by pressing Ctrl+Alt+ F2 (or another F key) and give your password there. You can return by pressing Ctrl+Alt+F1…
    This is as far as I can go. To fix it, you ll have to wait for more experienced assistance…

1.Antergos Linux KDE plasma / Gnome 2.Ubuntu 18.04 64bit Gnome
    Intel Core2 Duo CPU P8400 2.26GHz‖ RAM 3908 MiB ‖ Dell Inc. 0F328M - Dell Inc. Latitude E6500
    Intel Mobile 4 Series Chipset Integrated Graphics [8086:2a42] {i915

• I recently have a log-in problem.
    Since last week I was able to log-in 2 out of 30 times I tried. The system boots and then the screen goes black. I mean illuminated but black and empty, except for the pointer. The log-in box doesn’t appear.
    Otherwise the system is working, because I can open ttys and they work.
    Any suggestion on how to fix it would be welcome.

Posts 4Views 1842
Bloom Email Optin Plugin

Looks like your connection to Antergos Community Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.