• Cnchi 0.16.1 is out!

Hi there!

We’ve just released a new version of our installer.

Two BIG changes:

• When an error occours, Cnchi will inform the user which package is failing (to download or to install), so it shouldn’t be necessary to check the logs.
    • Logs are created in /var/log/cnchi folder (so don’t look for them in /tmp anymore).

These are the changes/modifications/fixes:

• Cleanup code [code]
    • Do not use defusedxml [code]
    • Updated Readme.md
    • Split ZFS code in two modules for better readability (zfs, zfs_manager) [code]
    • Changed ZFS disk structure
    • Use sha256 sum when checking downloaded files (instead of md5)
    • Merged lembrame code
    • Install yay as AUR helper
    • Move LUKS code from auto_partition to its own module (luks) [code]
    • Move mount functions from auto_partition to its own module (mount) [code]
    • Split mkinitcpio code into several functions [code]
    • New class Events to manage… events. Removed queue_events function from several modules. [code]
    • Do not use meta packages in packages.xml
    • Added i3 and Budgie to available desktops
    • Use /var/tmp instead of /tmp
    • Store logs in /var/log/cnchi instead of /tmp
    • self.ui got renamed to self.gui
    • Be able to boot when /usr is in a separate partition
    • Removed apply button in avatar choosing dialog (just double click on the wanted image)
    • Once the packages list is created, check that there is no removed/renamed package in that list that will break the installation
    • Set MIN_SIZE for the installation to 16 GB (instead of 8 GB)
    • Fix user info page when going back and forth
    • Set valign to center in some screens
    • Get Cnchi latest stable version from antergos repository database (antergos.db)
    • Fixed rank_mirrors (using https:// for Antergos mirrors)
    • Enable multilib if disabled on pacman.conf
  • @karasu

Somehow, Cnchi doesn’t start at all. I tried it on the live and minimal iso but i can’t install anything anymore. Is it because of this update?

• cnchi wont loading after update i cant install antergos.

• @pedrozun Same for me. Can’t install anything. Too bad. Hope the fix will be out soon.

• @karasu
    What is the the proper command line to start cnchi installing on the 18.9 ISO?

• @karasu
    With ISO 18.8 cnchi does not start by itself. I can update cnchi to 0.16.1 (only) manually. But cnchi does not start with the icon, and on terminal, cnchi command just shows:

[[email protected] ~]$ cnchi
    usage: cnchi.py [-h] [-a] [-c [CACHE]] [-d] [-e [ENVIRONMENT]] [-f] [-n]
                    [-p [PACKAGELIST]] [-t] [-v] [-V] [-z]
    cnchi.py: error: unrecognized arguments: -s bugsnag
    [[email protected] ~]$

With ISO 18.9 cnchi does not start, and I cannot update cnchi at all. On terminal it again complains about bugsnag as above.

• @manuel said in Cnchi 0.16.1 is out!:

@karasu
    With ISO 18.8 cnchi does not start by itself. I can update cnchi to 0.16.1 (only) manually. But cnchi does not start with the icon, and on terminal, cnchi command just shows:

[[email protected] ~]$ cnchi
    usage: cnchi.py [-h] [-a] [-c [CACHE]] [-d] [-e [ENVIRONMENT]] [-f] [-n]
                    [-p [PACKAGELIST]] [-t] [-v] [-V] [-z]
    cnchi.py: error: unrecognized arguments: -s bugsnag
    [[email protected] ~]$

With ISO 18.9 cnchi does not start, and I cannot update cnchi at all. On terminal it again complains about bugsnag as above.

same problem here.

• I can’t even boot the 18.9 iso ( But 18.8 should work as well?)
    Hope they fix this soon.
    Is there any way to manually start Cnchi?

• cat /usr/bin/cnchi

#!/bin/bash

pkexec /usr/share/cnchi/bin/cnchi -s bugsnag ${@}

on try running pkexec /usr/share/cnchi/bin/cnchi
    i got:

2018-09-25 20:03:08 [ERROR ] Cannot create Cnchi main window: No module named 'maxminddb' (cnchi.py:102)

• So I can’t even install because Cnchi won’t allow me to proceed with installation without internet connection and when I plug internet cable in it will update automatically without even asking. Wow, now I feel like using microsoft os.

• @karasu
    With ISO 18.8 and cnchi 0.16.2-2, install will not start. On terminal the output is:

[[email protected] ~]$ sudo cnchi
    2018-09-26 08:25:40 [WARNING] Bugsnag disabled. Makes requests raise several exceptions. Need to check what is wrong  (cnchi.py:340)
    2018-09-26 08:25:40 [DEBUG  ] All repositories are present in pacman.conf file  (cnchi.py:266)
    2018-09-26 08:25:40 [INFO   ] Using GTK v3.22.30  (cnchi.py:375)
    2018-09-26 08:25:40 [INFO   ] Using pyalpm v0.8 as interface to libalpm v11.0.1  (cnchi.py:387)
    2018-09-26 08:25:40 [DEBUG  ] Running from ISO version 18.8  (cnchi.py:411)
    2018-09-26 08:25:40 [DEBUG  ] Running set on gsettings: runuser -l antergos -c dbus-launch gsettings set org.gnome.settings-daemon.plugins.power sleep-inactive-ac-type nothing   (cnchi.py:579)
    2018-09-26 08:25:40 [DEBUG  ] Running set on gsettings: runuser -l antergos -c dbus-launch gsettings set org.gnome.settings-daemon.plugins.power sleep-inactive-battery-type nothing   (cnchi.py:579)
    2018-09-26 08:25:40 [ERROR  ] Cannot create Cnchi main window: No module named 'maxminddb'  (cnchi.py:102)
    [[email protected] ~]$

• @manuel

Same thing for me. The interesting thing is, when i launch Cnchi before any updating, the older version launches. But if i wait for the update to finish, the same error as yours appears.

• @tastaturri and all

With ISO 18.9 the install starts OK!!
    I’m just installing Xfce and see what happens. Will inform here about the results!

• So, cnchi updates itself properly to 0.16.2. Still waiting for the install to finish…

• The thing is i can only boot the 18.8 iso. With the 18.9 iso i can’t even get in the live os without some efi error.

• Unfortunately installing is now stuck at “Installing bootloader”.
    /var/log/cnchi/cnchi.log:

[[email protected] cnchi]$ tail -f cnchi.log 
    gvfsd-fuse on /run/user/1000/gvfs type fuse.gvfsd-fuse (rw,nosuid,nodev,relatime,user_id=1000,group_id=985)
    /dev/sda2 on /install type ext4 (rw,relatime,data=ordered)
    /dev/sda1 on /install/boot type ext4 (rw,relatime,data=ordered)  (run_cmd.py:106)
    2018-09-26 08:39:37 [DEBUG  ] Unmounting /install/boot  (mount.py:37)
    2018-09-26 08:39:37 [DEBUG  ] Unmounting /install  (mount.py:37)
    2018-09-26 08:39:39 [INFO   ] Installation finished  (slides.py:226)
    2018-09-26 08:39:39 [DEBUG  ] Starting new HTTP connection (1): build.antergos.com:80  (connectionpool.py:205)
    2018-09-26 08:39:39 [DEBUG  ] http://build.antergos.com:80 "GET /hook?cnchi=2580656b5c7be34e4144a3129a95e421 HTTP/1.1" 301 None  (connectionpool.py:393)
    2018-09-26 08:39:39 [DEBUG  ] http://build.antergos.com:80 "GET /api/hook?cnchi=2580656b5c7be34e4144a3129a95e421 HTTP/1.1" 200 None  (connectionpool.py:393)
    2018-09-26 08:39:43 [WARNING] Error running ['/usr/bin/pidof', 'grub-mount']: b''  (grub2.py:265)

• @tastaturri
    Oh yes, forgot that I had the same problem with 18.9 ISO on a physical machine.
    Currently I’m testing on a VM, that seems to boot 18.9 OK.

• This post is deleted!
  • @manuel

Give it time to the bootloader installation… I haven’t experienced this in my end ¿?

I will test it again myself asap.

• @karasu
    Now I’m testing ISO 18.9 with Xfce on a VM. Cnchi updated to 0.16.3-2 automatically.
    Keyboard is also automatically correct on terminal now.

But again it is stuck on Installing bootloader...
    It has been stuck for 11 minutes now. I’ll wait a bit more…

cnchi154 out2 0.16.11 Posts 34Views 2335
Bloom Email Optin Plugin

Looks like your connection to Antergos Community Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.