• Problems with Antergos in Oracle VirtualBox

I am running Oracle Virtual Box on an XP/SP3 machine (Thinkpad x230).

With the Antergos KDE installation in a VB I have following problems:

• Run the set-up command for IBus destroys the keyboard setting and I cannot repair it by selecting the used keyboard. It changes from the correct Japanese keyboard to an English keyboard.
    • Switching off the Antergos VB machine works only when I save the same time the latest snapshot.

To test the VB, I installed Linux Mint Debian, which runs on my ancient Thinkpad x40 very well. It also runs well in the VB based on the same Dummy VB as the Antergos KDE machine. Setting the machine to Japanese writing took me only 20-30 min. Switching of by simply Power Off of the VB still keeps the latest status of the machine.

Therefore I suspect that the problem is with Antergos.

Does someone has experience with Antergos running in an VB?
    Does someone has any solution to the above described problem?

Thanks in advance for replies.

• I am running Oracle Virtual Box on an XP/SP3 machine (Thinkpad x230).

With the Antergos KDE installation in a VB I have following problems:

• Run the set-up command for IBus destroys the keyboard setting and I cannot repair it by selecting the used keyboard. It changes from the correct Japanese keyboard to an English keyboard.
    • Switching off the Antergos VB machine works only when I save the same time the latest snapshot.

To test the VB, I installed Linux Mint Debian, which runs on my ancient Thinkpad x40 very well. It also runs well in the VB based on the same Dummy VB as the Antergos KDE machine. Setting the machine to Japanese writing took me only 20-30 min. Switching of by simply Power Off of the VB still keeps the latest status of the machine.

Therefore I suspect that the problem is with Antergos.

Does someone has experience with Antergos running in an VB?
    Does someone has any solution to the above described problem?

Thanks in advance for replies.

• I agree Antergos doesn’t play nice in a VM I have tried to install with VMware Player as well with no success.

• Thanks for both answers.

As for the installation in a VB I wanted to use the Antergos installation in a VB to test Antergos for all features I need before starting an installation on my PC.

Now I might try to go forward and install Antergos KDE on my 2nd PC and hope that the always planned installation of XP and W7 in two VBs is running fine with Antergos/Arch being the operation system.

If someone has experience in

• Setting up Japanese writing
    • Installing and running VBs with XP and W7,
      I appreciate any hint for these tasks laying ahead of me.
Posts 5Views 1295