• Cnchi

Hello, I’m having an issue where I’ve downloaded the latest live .iso and can boot into the live usb thingy but when I try to run the installer cnchi says it’s not up to date (v0.14.475) , I can still click next, but when I do, it keeps ranking mirror lists forever. If I choose to keep the default mirrors, it closes and i get the error “Cannot create download package list (metalinks)” when i start the installation.
    I’ve tried setting the mirrors myself, burning a new .iso and updating cnchi to 0.14.477 manually but I still get the same error.
    Anyone have any ideas?

• A lot of people seem to have this issue, and it also seems like this ISO is broken. Fuck this, going back to Windows.

• @joekamprad
    I have a related story about the Antergos ISO 18.9.

Today I had to use the USB installer stick to fix a boot issue on a machine. The issue was not (of course) caused by any linux system, but some vendor’s “clever” Windows driver updater program (so it wasn’t a Microsoft’s program either).

Anyway, the driver updater “fixed” the UEFI boot by doing something that made Antergos grub to boot no more. Instead, the Windows boot loader was in charge.

So, I needed the USB installer, and burned the ISO 18.9 to it.
    But it couldn’t boot the machine at all, telling that some driver was missing, before even starting anything. Fortunately I had the 18.8 ISO still available, burned it, and it worked OK.

So there is something very much wrong with the 18.9 ISO, and it should be removed from the Antergos download site.

Please report issues including all details! ;-)
    Show files here: cat "file" | curl -F [email protected] https://ptpb.pw/?u=1
    and show the URL here.

• @manuel yes true, 18.9 is not working and have some BUGS, @karasu announced that the will upload a new ISO shortly, but this is not done yet…
    I would take 18.8 till then…

[updates once a week] = [90% less problems]
    antergos:_rescue
    how to add system logs:
    wget http://bit.ly/2GCG9k2 && sh 2GCG9k2
    :handshake: donate antergos

• karasu say at GitHub: “We will upload a new ISO to our server as soon as possible. We’ve also patched Cnchi so it does not happen again.”

[updates once a week] = [90% less problems]
    antergos:_rescue
    how to add system logs:
    wget http://bit.ly/2GCG9k2 && sh 2GCG9k2
    :handshake: donate antergos

• @manuel said in Cnchi:

But it couldn’t boot the machine at all, telling that some driver was missing, before even starting anything. Fortunately I had the 18.8 ISO still available, burned it, and it worked OK.

Which driver? :’(

So there is something very much wrong with the 18.9 ISO, and it should be removed from the Antergos download site.

It’s a new branch, but the boot system is exactly the same one (syslinux or efiboot).

We will upload a new ISO to our server as soon as possible.

I can’t do it myself, so…

We’ve also patched Cnchi so it does not happen again

0.14.477 should not fail. Problem is that Cnchi is not updated from 0.14.475

Just a sudo pacman -Syy and sudo pacman -S cnchi will suffice. But it’s obvious that new users can’t know this.

• I receive an error that cnchi is corrupted or invalid (PGP signature) when trying to update and install cnchi.

• @karasu
    Sorry, it wasn’t a driver (probably).

This happened in time order:

• it showed the initial screen of 9 rows to select
    • the focus was on the second row: Antergos Live System (usb) which I selected
    • next screen: Error loading \EFI\archiso\vmlinuz: Not Found
    • then soon another line appeared: Failed to execute Antergos Live System (usb) (\EFI\archiso\vmlinuz): Not Found
    • the final screen:
    ERROR
    Failed to start loader.efi: (14) Not Found
    [OK]

Please report issues including all details! ;-)
    Show files here: cat "file" | curl -F [email protected] https://ptpb.pw/?u=1
    and show the URL here.

cnchi149 Posts 10Views 234
Bloom Email Optin Plugin

Looks like your connection to Antergos Community Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.