• Need help regarding installing Antergos with Deepin desktop.

I get the following error everytime I try to install with Deepin.
    0_1536111094376_Screenshot from 2018-09-05 01-29-26.png .
    I tried many things since yesterday like changing mirror list, a several times, made the bootable copy 4-5 times but the error doesn’t seem to go away. I really need an OS and this is the one I liked the most. Please help me.

• format your drive or partitions with gparted first root/home/swap then try again

archmid-2016.06.23-x86_64.iso xfce/nvidia

• @trytip I used the default cnchi’s interface for performing the format operation . Is is necessary to use gparted? If yes, please provide me with the link on how to do so. I have nothing but boot files on my system and a live USB.

• In my Opinion this error has nothing to do with the formatting.

I had a similar error while I was when reinstalling my OS a few months ago.
    I found that Cnchi could not work with the DNS Servers provided by my Network. Even if they don’t Block.

You could try setting up the DNS Servers in the Live Environment to 8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4.
    Thats what helped me, after that I could install with Cnchi without a problem.

• @severus I changed my DNS servers as u specified in the resolv.conf file. The installer still gives the same error. Any thing else I can try? I am so tired of using Antergos LIVE as all my data gets cleared when I hibernate/sleep/reboot. I am in desperate need for this to be installed.

• Update cnchi manually and then run it with sudo 👍.

• @mathdaddy I don’t know if it works with this config file. I had just established the connection on the live environment before starting cnchi.
    Then it should update itself and be able to install.

• Hmmm… I don’t know about Deepin on Antergos, but I can tell you that Deepin on Reborn OS (the distro I develop) works right now 🙂 . I’ll check the list of programs that Cnchi installs for the Deepin desktop… I think some package names changed recently, and so Antergos’ Cnchi is probably just confused if it’s still trying to find an outdated / non-existent package.

Keep trying, never give up. In the end, you will find that it was all worth it

My ISO: https://rebornos.wordpress.com

Friend's Website: http://nwg.pl

• Hmmm… I don’t know about Deepin on Antergos, but I can tell you that Deepin on Reborn OS (the distro I develop) works right now 🙂 . I’ll check the list of programs that Cnchi installs for the Deepin desktop… I think some package names changed recently, and so Antergos’ Cnchi is probably just confused if it’s still trying to find an outdated / non-existent package.

Keep trying, never give up. In the end, you will find that it was all worth it

My ISO: https://rebornos.wordpress.com

Friend's Website: http://nwg.pl

• i got farther than you, at least on this test.

0_1536193466900_ArchLabs_2018-09-06-02_1600x900.png

but i had to manually change mirror in /etc/pacman.d/antergos-mirrorlist and use reflector to recreate /etc/pacman.d/mirrorlist and not allow to rank mirrors during install since the first time i ran it, it took a long time during the sort and ranking mirrors portion(it never moved past it for over 20+ mins). This is a pain, especially to users unfamiliar in doing these stuff.

• Been a debian user for past 2 years. Always heard that installing Arch is pain in the bottom, still thought of giving it a try. Until someone figures out a solution, probably I will have to stick with Pop_os. I will be around this thread for a while, so if anyone finds something, please update here.

• @fazii tried it already. Didn’t fix my problem.

• you don’t edit the resolv.conf anymore change DNS from the network tray and even if you do you still need to disable/enable networking to allow new DNS to take over. change your DNS then test it by Terminal dig google.com or nslookup google.com it’s either your DNS or the /etc/pacman.d/mirrorlist
    BTW you’re installing Antergos which is 100 times easier than installing Arch

archmid-2016.06.23-x86_64.iso xfce/nvidia

installing106 deepin58 desktop16 regarding3 Posts 14Views 385
Bloom Email Optin Plugin

Looks like your connection to Antergos Community Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.