• Antergos is not starting after a clean installation

Ok today I decided to dive into antergos world. I made a live USB and booted to live artegos and installation was smooth, I chose KDE version.

After the installation finished system asked me for a restart. After the restart I get a pop up with a big digital clock. When I click on the clock to enter my login credentials the screen goes black some vertical lines appear on top and then instantly I am back again on thev same “log in pop up”. I tried ctr+alt+f2 and when I put my credentials even in that barebone terminal screen I get log in incorrect message.

I went back to my bios to enable USB booting so I can re install antergos but when I chose live boot again I am stacked at that log in screen. So basically I am stacked there can’t log in, can’t re install antergos. Any suggestions?

• @jimmmysil
    It may be caused by many reasons.
    If the machine is not old, then it might be a secure boot issue.
    Or it may be a graphics driver issue.
    Or it may be a problem of how the USB installer was created.

Could you provide more info about your machine?

Also terminal commands

lspci -vnn
    ls -l /etc/X11/xorg.conf.d
    grep -A3 -B3 '(EE)' /var/log/Xorg.0.log  

could give some useful info.

• Thank you very much for the quick response. I have Nvidia GTX 1050ti, 8gb ram Kingston hyper x, samsung Evo SSD 124gb, Intel core i5 4570, MSI Socket 1150 Z87-G41 PC Mate Mobo.

I can’t run the commands you told me since I don’t have access to terminal, I am locked out and I can’t log in at all

• @jimmmysil
    So how did you create the USB installer?
    Does the USB stick boot, so that you could start a terminal before starting to install?

• I created it when I was on my previous Linux distro which I didn’t kept, and I feel such a regret

• @jimmmysil
    Did you create the stick with dd or which program?
    Do you have another machine that you could use for creating the stick again?

• I created with dd and no unfortunately not. I will create another USB love stick probably at work this time tomorrow

• @jimmmysil

Just that we speak of the same thing:

lsblk -fm   # to find your USB drive
    dd bs=4M if=/path/to/antergos.iso of=/dev/sdX && sync

Set X to refer to the USB drive according to the output of the first command.

• Can I have access to terminal without log in to the os? If yes I will be able with the terminal to create a live USB.

• @jimmmysil said in Antergos is not starting after a clean installation:

I went back to my bios to enable USB booting so I can re install antergos but when I chose live boot again I am stacked at that log in screen.

Maybe you’re choosing the first option at the liveiso (which is oot from HD), but should choose the 2nd to boot the iso…

I think you have a problem with nvidia, not sure why you can’t login at tty though…
    Try ctrl+alt+f3 or others f4, f5 just in case.

• I had no issues on Manjaro for a long time is it possible that antergos will cause me troubles? I moved to antergos since these two are similar and I thought it would be 100% compatible with my components.

• as @manuel say you must have choosen the wrong entry to start live iso, as it do not have a login screen.

and there are some users reporting that they have issues starting on standard open source nouveau drivers for this newer nvidia cards… so you may need to get nvidia drivers installed, also possible from terminal… may also on initial installation from Live Iso if you choose advanced options on software chooser.

• The weird thing is that it worked the very first time and I was able to completely replace Manjaro with antergos… I had no errors during the installation. And now it is stacked on login screen of the os and even if I Ctrl+alt+F2 when i input my user and password it says incorrect log in

password it says incorrect log in

may a keyboard layout problem…

stacked on login screen of the os

So you are surely not booting the LiveIso

Can I have access to terminal without log in to the os? If yes I will be able with the terminal to create a live USB.

Sure, if you are able to boot with the USB installer. Note that you’ll need another (empty!) USB drive to where you create another USB installer.

But be sure to boot using the stick and not the installed system. And boot with the right boot mode (UEFI or legacy).

• I am having a very similar issue. I am able to install Kubuntu and Mint but I cannot get ANtergos or Manjaro to work. I have been able to get both installed at various times but they freeze within seconds of booting. I think it is related to NVIDIA card as well as I have been able to install and it runs well on my other laptops.

• delete .ICEauthority and .Xauthority … if still can’t login you must have put in a password with wrong characters or the keyboard layout is the issue
    @jlap4 your issue sounds different, you should open your own thread

installation324 starting25 clean7 Posts 17Views 685
Bloom Email Optin Plugin

Looks like your connection to Antergos Community Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.