• Printer doesn't work Konica Minolta 1600W

Hi.

I use Antergos for some time, but lately my printer stopped working. I have Konica Minolta 1600w, so I use foo2lava driver from website. After I realized, that printer isn’t working I tried to reinstall driver, but that didn’t help. Now every file in queue is hold on "sending data to printer’.

Sincerely thanks for any help.

• I notice it must be something with driver, when I switch it to generic foo2lava printer, I get at least page with error printed. Also noticed that in driver list I got 3 (tried all) same (duplicated?) positions for my printer. Is there a way to clean printer configuration/ driver setup without installing system system?

• @kotatsu said in Printer doesn't work Konica Minolta 1600W:

I notice it must be something with driver, when I switch it to generic foo2lava printer, I get at least page with error printed. Also noticed that in driver list I got 3 (tried all) same (duplicated?) positions for my printer. Is there a way to clean printer configuration/ driver setup without installing system system?

You can try to find out if issue started after an upgrade, but may be complicated:
    All upgraded proccess are stored at /var/log/pacman.log.

In case you remember when your printer stopped working you can browse the file to that date and downgrade the packages, and try using your printer again.

This gets more and more complicated if you don’t know when your printer stopped working…

But it’s something you can try anyway.

• @kotatsu said in Printer doesn't work Konica Minolta 1600W:

so I use foo2lava driver from website

do you try already AUR build: foo2zjs-nightly as it includes foo2lava ?

I know http://foo2lava.rkkda.com they say do not use the drivers from Distro itself… but i would give it a try…

• @joekamprad said in Printer doesn't work Konica Minolta 1600W:

do you try already AUR build: foo2zjs-nightly as it includes foo2lava ?

I tried this package from AUR (after uninstalling driver from website), but effect is same without it I got “no filter” message and with it I got stuck on “sending to printer”.

• @kotatsu
    This is not a solution, but just an idea for testing various suggestions.

You may get many suggestions for solving this problem, and some of them might do big (potentially unwanted) changes to your system. To protect your system from that, you could test them first on a virtual machine, to find out if they actually solve the problem.

• Question on the driver from the website is:
    Do you follow exact how-to on make / install / make cups and adding the additional needed files in this process?
    e.g. are you following exact procedure’s?

• @joekamprad said in Printer doesn't work Konica Minolta 1600W:

Question on the driver from the website is:
    Do you follow exact how-to on make / install / make cups and adding the additional needed files in this process?
    e.g. are you following exact procedure’s?

Yes. I was following procedures. It’s actually well written and quite simply. I did it many times on different distros (Mint, Manjaro, Ubuntu, Fedora) and it worked well. I tried to add printer both from local printer manager and www cups, but it didn’t change outcome.

• So if you have done that i would give you the advice to ask at their helpdesk, as they offer support for this driver their… may they already know about this issue and can help faster then us here.
    http://foo2zjs.rkkda.com/forum/

• I wrote post on driver’s maker forum, but there is no response. I think, that forum ma be a bit abandoned.

printer54 minolta2 konica2 1600w1 Posts 11Views 524
Bloom Email Optin Plugin

Looks like your connection to Antergos Community Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.