• Live ISO freezing

Alright, first thing first.

Roughly 1 Year ago I discovered Antergos, installed it on my Notebook and loved it. Then, someday later I presumably did something that caused it to kernel panic (I didn’t do something radical but maybe it was an update to something I installed) - so I tried to reinstall.
    I ran into a problem where some packet was not available and the installer aborted. The problem was discussed here on the forum and soon fixed.

I however got around that problem by just installing arch myself. For some reason, (I must really do something wrong) that system also crashed and was not able to boot.
    I decided to worry about it later and just used my dualboot windows. Now however I kinda want my Linux back and Antergos is my preferred distro.

So I tried installing Antergos in a VM to make sure everything works fine (I used the minimal ISO)

Everything worked out fine - so I made my bootable USB and proceeded. What I noticed is that the minimal ISO doesn’t ask me for a password when trying to connect to WIFI (I use a HP Spectre x360 something, it doesn’t have a LAN port and I’m to greedy to buy a thunderbolt LAN adapter just to install linux)
    Also wifi-menu does not seem to work either.

Okay, then - lets try the live iso. Problem is, some amount of time after logging in to WIFI, it just freezes. Every time.

I tried different USB-Sticks, WIFI-Networks and multiple ways to burn my ISO.

I am completely frustrated, I don’t get it and I don’t know what to do.

Does anyone have a Idea on what I could try?

• @joleif said in Live ISO freezing:

What I noticed is that the minimal ISO doesn’t ask me for a password when trying to connect to WIFI

Also wifi-menu does not seem to work either.

Hi!
    Someone reported it already, bu i guess isn’t fixed yet…

Okay, then - lets try the live iso. Problem is, some amount of time after logging in to WIFI, it just freezes. Every time.

If you don’t connect the iso doesn’t freeze?

• @joleif said in Live ISO freezing:

so I made my bootable USB and proceeded

How did you make the bootable USB? The preferred ways are:

• dd (on Linux)
    • etcher (on Windows and Linux)

and also rufus in DD mode should work. Other ways may have problems, so they are not recommended.

I noticed is that the minimal ISO doesn’t ask me for a password when trying to connect to WIFI

Well, it should ask for the password. Have you connected to a passwordless wifi?

iso83 live59 freezing15 Posts 3Views 498
Bloom Email Optin Plugin

Looks like your connection to Antergos Community Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.