• Mate

Just installed the mate-version this morning on my netbook without any problems

Intel Xeon cpu W3565 @ 3.2 GHZ, 10 GB ram: Antergos-DDE
    AMD FX-8120 Eight-Core @ 3.1GHz, 16 GB ram: Deepin 15.04

• Just installed the mate-version this morning on my netbook without any problems

• No I use Mate on the side (cinnamon is my primary though but both work well together)

• ive been meaning to try mate again in a virtualbox. its been over a year since i last tried it. it was really buggy at that time for me. hopefully they have improved it because gnome2 was great.

• @“megaman”:211vzi73 said:

ive been meaning to try mate again in a virtualbox. its been over a year since i last tried it. it was really buggy at that time for me. hopefully they have improved it because gnome2 was great.[/quote:211vzi73]

Mate for me is really good, but its best implementation is in Linux Mint

• i do love how lightweight it is and has that good ol gnome 2 feel that i loved. glad to hear its working good.

• i run it on a dell mini inspiron with 1gb ram and it is fantastic on this little machine

• @“drum”:3efdvs8s said:

Just installed the mate-version this morning on my netbook without any problems

Nope, count me in as a user of Mate as well. It would be nice to see Mate added to the top of the Applications & Desktop Environments forum with the rest of the DE’s.

• what is the advantage of mate over xfce though? they seem very close to me.

• imo mate runs a little bit lighter than xfce

• @“megaman”:3npv6zpo said:

what is the advantage of mate over xfce though? they seem very close to me.[/quote:3npv6zpo]
    IMO, XFCE takes some work to configure. Mate is much simpler to configure (really there is no configuration required). It is a simple DE much like Gnome 2. I never liked XFCE for that reason. Once you configure XFCE the way you want, it’s great. I just never liked it.

I prefer Cinnamon with Gnome 3 as my backup.

• i guess its all personal preference i found xfce very easy to config. i was a super huge fan of gnome2 back in the day. thats what i started linux on and used for a long time.

just recently though i find xfce much more stable than mate. just my experience maybe not everyone has that feeling.

of course i run openbox so that should tell you what i think about having a DE lol

• @“drum”:2a3n1yfl said:

imo mate runs a little bit lighter than xfce[/quote:2a3n1yfl]

ya you are probably right. but just a little

• @“megaman”:2gw5t5vf said:

i find xfce much more stable than mate. just my experience maybe not everyone has that feeling.[/quote:2gw5t5vf]I have to admit, my experience is the same as yours

Posts 14Views 3120
Bloom Email Optin Plugin

Looks like your connection to Antergos Community Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.