• Not able to boot into system after today's update

During today’s update the system suddenly shut down. After trying to reboot it get stuck at: Antergos/clean…

I can open a virtual terminal but am unable to start x.
    I get something like: files are empty.

Any suggestions What I could do to boot into the system. Otherwise I might have to reinstall the system.

• @axioma
    How did the system “suddenly shut down”? Was it a power failure?

If you have good backups of your data, then reinstall may the fastest way forward.

However, if you need to save something from the disk, you could start a terminal one way or another:

• virtual terminal
    • boot with the USB installer stick and start a terminal program

On terminal, you can give commands to save any data you wish.

After saving your data to some external disk, you could try normal management commands like

• sudo pacman -Syyuu
    • sudo pacman -S linux linux-lts

and see if they help anything. Maybe some other management commands could help, too.
    But if they don’t help, I’d suggest reinstalling Antergos (unless someone has a better idea…).

• @manuel No, it was not a power problem. It just went ‘pooff’.
    I have been using Antergos for some years now, but this was a first. I will try your suggestions first.

• Boot up with our LiveIso.

mount System to /mnt

You need to know which device is the right one check with sudo fdisk -l

sudo su

/dev/sdXn should be replaced with the right device information, and depending on your installation you may have or have not a seperate /boot partition. If not /boot is a folder under / on the same partition as the filesystem root.

mount /dev/sdXn /mnt
    / root partition

mount /dev/sdXn /mnt/boot
    /boot partition --> without extra /boot partition you do not need this step!

mount /dev/sdXn /mnt/boot/efi

the EFI-boot (fat32) partition

arch-chroot /mnt

then sudo pacman -Syyuu linux linux-lts

• @joekamprad I tried this but was unable to mount anything. Got an error saying that there was nothing in fstab. Also all kinds of lib errors.

So, I decided to reinstall the system. No big deal because /home is on a separate partition.

Maybe I could have figured it out, but I had to go back to work asap.
    Reinstalling was the fastest solution for me this morning.
    thx

boot304 system136 todays7 Posts 5Views 565
Bloom Email Optin Plugin

Looks like your connection to Antergos Community Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.