• Cnchi fails on formatting disk

@xavier
    Do you have a Windows recovery disk/stick or something similar? You could try booting to Windows and see if those dual boot requirements (hibernate off, fastboot off) are OK. And if it doean’t boot, use the Windows recovery to fix booting.

• @manuel , whoops I truncated that output just to sda. Here is the rest:

Disk /dev/sdb: 14.9 GiB, 16022241280 bytes, 31293440 sectors
    Units: sectors of 1 * 512 = 512 bytes
    Sector size (logical/physical): 512 bytes / 512 bytes
    I/O size (minimum/optimal): 512 bytes / 512 bytes
    Disklabel type: dos
    Disk identifier: 0x314e3728

Device     Boot Start     End Sectors Size Id Type
    /dev/sdb1  *        0 4083999 4084000   2G  0 Empty
    /dev/sdb2         224  131295  131072  64M ef EFI (FAT-12/16/32)

Disk /dev/loop0: 1.9 GiB, 1970700288 bytes, 3849024 sectors
    Units: sectors of 1 * 512 = 512 bytes
    Sector size (logical/physical): 512 bytes / 512 bytes
    I/O size (minimum/optimal): 512 bytes / 512 bytes

• @manuel Sure, I can do that, I guess. Is that likely to be the course of this ‘device or resource busy’ error, that is preventing successful partitioning?

(darn this 5minute wait between posts is killing me ^_^)

• @xavier
    Hi, just noticed that the stick has dos partition table. How did you create the stick?
    The proper ways to create the stick:

• dd bs=4M if=/path/to/antergos.iso of=/dev/sdb && sync

- but make sure /dev/sdb is the stick!!!

• etcher
    • rufus in DD mode

Other ways may not work properly!

• @manuel the stick was created on a Windows system, but using USBWriter, which was recommended in the dual boot guide. I’m just recovering my windows system, and will attempt again from the top (this time using Etcher).

• @xavier OK, that just might explain the issues. :)

• @xavier Please note that all data on the stick will be wiped, so if there’s anything worth saving, do it before continuing. And a backup of your data on Windows should be backed up…

• Just to finish up on this: I did not end up finding a solution, and failed to recover my Windows partition using either Trinity Rescue Kit, or Windows installation media.

Not a huge issue, as I have my product keys etc, so I can still claim Win10 on another device, or on this device at a later time.

I am unsure of the exact issue. I don’t believe it was the formatting of the stick, though my lack of knowledge may lead my astray here, as I was getting the error that the newly created partition was busy.

I’ve instead formatted my disk, set to legacy boot and am now successfully using Antergos.
    I do find the boot up, and login screen to both be quite slow though. I’ll need to tinker there.

TL;DR
    Unsure of the issue.
    Special thanks to @manuel for your assistance.

• @xavier
    Great that you got the system working now!

BTW, if you still want to fiddle with the system, now you could create the USB installer stick with the dd command mentioned above, and reinstall Antergos in UEFI mode…
    But I do understand if you don’t feel like doing that anymore, as the system is working well. :)

• @manuel
    If I do that, you might have to expect some more posts from me!

Hopefully I find some time to settle into the system soon, and get it comfortable with my workflow.
    This community forum is very active too, I’ll definitely put some effort into getting involved with it.

• @xavier You are welcome to send more posts! :)

And the reinstall is (of course) not really necessary, unless you wish to learn and experiment with the system. :)

cnchi161 fails52 disk15 formatting1 Posts 31Views 1079
Bloom Email Optin Plugin

Looks like your connection to Antergos Community Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.