• Strange files after update

Hello everyone,

After the update of two or 3 weeks ago (don’t know when it started, sorry), a file called :sFKT3 is starting to pop up in several folders (root, Documents, home, almost everywhere), the file is always blank and if I delete it after the reboot of the PC is there again.

Couldn’t find any info about it anywhere, so if any of you know more and how to stop it.

Extra info:
    Antergos: 18.6
    File permission: user:users (the user is mine)
    Normally I delete it with the command line:
    sudo find . -name :sFKT3 | sudo xargs rm
    (sudo because sometimes is in root folders)

PS: didn’t knew where to post it so hope I’m not wrong

• @lendoly
    Hi!

I’ve never heard about it and i don’t have this issue in my machine.

Which desktop are you running?

Did you install anything from AUR repositories?

Are you running some script you made or downloaded somewhere?

• @lendoly said in Strange files after update:

:sFKT3

Shrem, Fudim, Kelner Technologies

• @fernandomaroto
    Hi!

Yes I install few packages from AUR repositiores like pycharm, docker, few controlers, etc, if you need the hole list I can paste it.

For the desktop I’m using gnome and about the script, nothing that I run manually, will trace everything that run at the start and will give more insight about that.

@joekamprad
    I also found that but don’t know if that makes sense, as far as I understand, I checked and didn’t found anything related to that company.

thought that maybe some of my components was realted but is Thinkpad and in the specs they didn’t say a thing about it.

if you need the hole list I can paste it

Try the bellow first:

When you remove the folders and reboot, before login try accessing tty2 (or tty3, etc) and list one of the foldwers to check if the :sFKT3 folder is there. (that way you can check if the command to create comes from a systemd service or not).

Also check what programs do you have as startup/scripts, and try disabling one by one, removing the :sFKT3 and rebooting untill you find the culprit.

• @joekamprad said in Strange files after update:

@lendoly said in Strange files after update:

:sFKT3

Shrem, Fudim, Kelner Technologies

that was the only hit i find on a search for " :sFKT3 " …

http://stahlworks.com/dev/?tool=sfk

https://aur.archlinux.org/packages/sfk

this one installed?

pacman -Qs sfk

• @fernandomaroto

ok I will do it, I will post what I found

@joekamprad

yeah, I know, that is the most annoying part, but not, is not installed (can’t see it on pacman, and if I run sfk command it said program not found).

• @fernandomaroto said in Strange files after update:

When you remove the folders and reboot, before login try accessing tty2 (or tty3, etc) and list one of the foldwers to check if the :sFKT3 folder is there. (that way you can check if the command to create comes from a systemd service or not).

I did it and yes the file is there but only in my home directory.

I will check with the programs/scripts running at the startup.

I did it and yes the file is there but only in my home directory

So i think is systemd related, since programs and scripts run when you’re already logged in.

strange17 Posts 9Views 322
Bloom Email Optin Plugin

Looks like your connection to Antergos Community Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.