• A stop job is running...

This seems to be quite a well known problem with systemd.

On exit, I have this message on a prompt
    “A stop job is running for User Manager for UID 1000”
    which triggers a 30 seconds delay.

I looked for info about everywhere, not only in Antergos and did not find a way to eradicate this.

Any solution somewhere?

• That could have a thousand reasons. You should provide a log for us to have a look at.

Do you by any chance have HDDs that go into standby mode? For me, that’s a common reason why these messages pop up and restarts and shutdowns are delayed, because before shutting down, the HDDs are started back up. Very normal though.

• indeed. Sorry.

Here is the log of journalctl -b -0

https://pastebin.com/CjZ9YHAd

systemd should provide a clue. This is a very unintuitive way of proceeding. Providing a 1700 lines short log is terrifying… :)

• @roger64

When I connect my External Hard Drive via USB, Sometimes I get that message, basically the hard drive has powered down and put into sleep mode so when I shutdown or reboot I get that message. Take 60 seconds to power down but it does shutdown.

Maybe you have something connected that’s doing the same? Internal hard drive, USB drive, etc

• Thank you both for your tips. I will read the wiki.

I have a SSD and a HDD (mostly unused)

• It’s not clear from your log what is causing the issue. It’s also not clear to me which desktop environment you’re using, but I know that neither Gnome Shell and KDE Plasma automatically activate a standby mode timer for HDDs. You have to do that manually (and that’s why I created the AntergosConfigurator script to set that up easily). But what I want to say with this , is that if you didn’t configure a standby mode timer for your HDD, that couldn’t be causing the issue.

With USB things are different though, I think drives do get automatically in standby mode after x amount of inactivity time.

It could be some software or hardware malfunctioning. I recommend for the next step that you try again after physically disconnecting your HDD from your computer. If it still happens, it’s not the HDD

running20 stop14 job4 Posts 7Views 442
Bloom Email Optin Plugin

Looks like your connection to Antergos Community Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.