• which Aur helpers you all use ?

@malspa Thanks! I didn’t know this. I protect my own packages with checking MD5 sums only :)

• Between Aurman and Yay, I’m really liking Yay after getting used to the helper listing files in a descending order. I occasionally install packages manually, but when I am in a rush (like sitting here in the doc’s office) an AUR helper is clutch in pulling everything together and getting the app installed.

• i like using GUI and still have Pamac 5.1.1-3 which is tough to keep since older dependencies are now gone and symlinking libalpm.so.10 breaks every so often. sometimes i get errors in Pamac then i resort to makepkg -sic i have other helpers but i rarely use them and like the option to update/install from all repos in one application like Pamac.

• @trytip said in which Aur helpers you all use ?:

i like using GUI

So do I. And pamac allows to browse repos, as well as installed packages in the most convenient way.

and still have Pamac 5.1.1-3 which is tough to keep

Until 6.5.0 the pamac-aur package worked well for me. The problem is that Majaro people are working on numerous changes to pamac, since they’re going to give up on pacman at all. As well public, as beta version are broken at the moment.

People addicted to GUI may consider alternatives. E.g. for only browsing I recently discovered pkgbrowser.

• @piotr thanks for interesting info!

• if someone want pamac-aur-5.1.1-3 i like it better than later versions. it’s simple and still working. you just need to be sure you have /usr/lib/libalpm.so.10 which is included or make your own from your current /usr/lib/libalpm.so.11
    if you never used pamac you can enable AUR in preferences but it best not to search in AUR by default and you can have receive updates from AUR. click on details when upgrading or installing from AUR to see build process. sometimes things get errors building from AUR in which case you can use makepkg -sic

• @piotr

Thank’s for your info on pkgbrowser, this is exactly what i was looking for.

• @loup001 I think it is a good comfortable way to have a search engine and make use if terminal based command’s to have more control over package management.

If you are firm on that commandline-tools, and like to learn about / practice

• @joekamprad said in which Aur helpers you all use ?:

I think it is a good comfortable way to have a search engine and make use if terminal based command’s to have more control over package management.

I also used to miss the GNOME Arch Linux Update Indicator on my Openbox, so I made my own.

0_1535613334878_taun.png

• Is just awesome hou have yay or aurman te repo both ar good there is also pakku but with both in repo is fine enough. Self i prefer yay cause python as packagr manager is kinda weak in my personal opinion so subjective further is fine how ut works. :) ik use tkpacman is damn ugly but is fine for me lol as gui

• @joekamprad

I agree joe, understanding what is going on when i upgrade my system is the main goal here.
    Aur helper are just fine for beginners and those who doesn’t want to be bother with manuel interventions, but when a problem arise from upgrade … there is always a forum to act as a helper !

• @piotr xfce4-terminal is also your favourite?

• @joekamprad said in which Aur helpers you all use ?:

xfce4-terminal is also your favourite?

How did you know!? :D

• @joekamprad Sure, I should have quessed. I just like it when the terminal looks like a terminal.

• Again: I HATE being unable to correct misspellings. :(

• @joekamprad Some time ago I gave up on all unnecessary transparencies, as wastage of computing power. Actually for no reason, as my main machine is powerful enough to handle fireworks. Let’s say I did it for the principle. But yes, your terminal looks good.

aur54 helpers1 Posts 38Views 2258
Bloom Email Optin Plugin

Looks like your connection to Antergos Community Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.