• I need help with terminal, please

I’ve grown up on Debian/Ubuntu distros. Just installed Antergos when I realized that Arch-based distros work better for me. Problem – I have instructions to install 32bit architecture (to run Wine effectively) and I don’t know how to translate the Debian-style commands to Arch commands. Here are the steps:

dpkg --add-architecture i386
    apt-get update
    apt-get install wine32

Woud it be possible to get someone to help me with the equivalent commands in Arch? Thanks.

• @jeffrey-needle

Hi!

You can install playonlinux (which uses wine) and through it you can create a machine with 32 bits. It always worked fine here for me.

• If you install wine with pamac, it will pull the necessary 32 bit libraries automatically. Then create a 32 bit wine bottle as usual with

WINEPREFIX=~/.new32prefix WINEARCH="win32" winecfg

and everything else is pretty much the same. This confused me, too, at first as I also came from Ubuntu h***.

• @manuel Thank You Very Much!!! I just moved from Zorin to Antergos and have not done anything in terminal yet, as I knew there were ‘language’ differences! This will really help me ALOT! ! ! ! 😀 😀 😀

terminal42 Posts 5Views 250
Bloom Email Optin Plugin

Looks like your connection to Antergos Community Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.