• No Log In Screen on boot.

I’ve noticed that when I boot up my new to me Dell D420 that I get no Log In screen. I’ve had this issue on my HP NC6400 and NC4400 a few times but normally a restart will bring up the log in screen. Of course I can and have just did a blind log in since I know where the stuff is on log in so I can click stuff with out really seeing it but I’d really like to have my log in screen come up on boot. Is there any drivers or anything that I need to enable or disable in order to get something other then a totally black log in screen on boot up? Thanks.

No Matter where ya' go, there ya' are.

• I’ve noticed that when I boot up my new to me Dell D420 that I get no Log In screen. I’ve had this issue on my HP NC6400 and NC4400 a few times but normally a restart will bring up the log in screen. Of course I can and have just did a blind log in since I know where the stuff is on log in so I can click stuff with out really seeing it but I’d really like to have my log in screen come up on boot. Is there any drivers or anything that I need to enable or disable in order to get something other then a totally black log in screen on boot up? Thanks.

• Ok, a bit more info. The Dell is using the same Intel 945 chip set that my HP’s are using and I just did a “restart” and actually got a log in screen so I know it can be there, it’s just when you start up cold that I don’t get the log in screen or should I say a black log in screen because if you know where things are you can still log in so it’s not liks Xorg isn’t starting up, it’s just that the screen isn’t a normal log in scrreen.

Alright, I just did a little test. I shut down and waited about 20 seconds then started the notebook back up and there was a log in screen, go figure. Kind of like when you have a noise in your car and you take it to the shop and the noise goes away, LOL.
    I’ll keep an eye on this little issue and in the mean time if anyone has a fix for it please feel free to post it for me. Thanks.

Posts 3Views 920