• XFCE/LightDM crashing when unlocking existing session

This started less than a month ago, but most of the time when I lock my computer (whether by keyboard command or light-locker timeout) and then unlock it again, the whole session crashes, I’m presented with the greeter again, and when I log in the second time have a new clean session started.

I’m not sure where to go next in trying to find root cause. Here are some snippets from the journal after a login:

systemd[1]: session-c6.scope: Killing process 22396 (lightdm) with signal SIGTERM.
    systemd[1]: session-c6.scope: Killing process 22407 (slick-greeter) with signal SIGTERM.
    systemd[1]: Stopping Session c6 of user lightdm.
    lightdm[22396]: pam_unix(lightdm-greeter:session): session closed for user lightdm
    systemd[1]: Stopped Session c6 of user lightdm.
    systemd-logind[689]: Removed session c6.

It then continues on killing things with SIGTERM until

systemd[1]: Stopped /run/user/517 mount wrapper.
    systemd[23725]: pam_unix(systemd-user:session): session opened for user lightdm by (uid=0)

and then things start up again. I can attach a more complete log if it would be helpful.

I’m using slick-greeter with lightdm and XFCE. After seeing that log I tried switching to LXDM and it had the same sort of behavior, so that makes me think it’s something with XFCE or X somewhere.

Any ideas on what the next steps should be to find root cause?

Thanks!

• A couple of more details after playing around a bit. Looks like this is only a problem (and is entirely repeatable) when my laptop is docked such that the main laptop screen is disabled.

I have 2 monitors attached via DisplayPort. When docked, I run this command to use the two monitors and turn off the laptop screen:

xrandr --output ${LEFT} --primary --auto \
           --output ${RIGHT} --right-of ${LEFT} --auto \
           --output ${RIGHT1} --right-of ${LEFT} --auto \
           --output ${LAPTOP} --off

When in this mode, the X system crashes when I log back on after locking the screen. If I instead leave the laptop display enabled (so 3 screen instead of 2), it does not crash.

Any ideas?

crashing11 existing2 unlocking1 xfcelightdm1 Posts 2Views 226
Bloom Email Optin Plugin

Looks like your connection to Antergos Community Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.