• Plasma 5 \[SOLVED\]

Plasma 5 framework is installed via Pacman but does not show in login menu. What am I missing? Thanks for any help.

• Plasma 5 framework is installed via Pacman but does not show in login menu. What am I missing? Thanks for any help.

• OK, lets try this another way: At present I have Gnome 3.12 installed as my DE and want to switch to KDE Plasma 5. is this possible? and how should do this? via Pacman?

• Hi,

You should be able to choose the Desktop Environment (DE) in the lightdm login manager. Is the option not shown?

• I used Pacman XG4 to add Plasma 5 framework to the OS. Pacman XG4 acknoledges download and install software. When I reboot, only Gnome DE available in Lightdm Login manager.

What am I missing?

Is it possible to download and install Plasma 5 via Pacman XG4? or should I use terminal?

thanks a bunch for ur help.

• Hi,

I’m sorry I’m far from home and I don’t have my computer with me… I’m writing this from a borrowed MAC… :p

There’s another thread talking about kde5, maybe they can help you there.

Cheers!

• OMG a MAC! ;<)
    My first PC was a MacIntosh back in the day. Brings back memories… Thanks for your advice, will look into recomended thread.

• It seems that Plasma 5 and KDE Frameworks 5 are two different pieces of the same software. I guess I have to wait for Plasma 5 to become available in Arch repositories.

• To install Plasma 5, regarding to this threat: [http://forum.antergos.com/viewtopic.php?f=33&t=1976][0]">viewtopic.php?f=33&t=1976
    You have to install kf5 and kf5-aids packages from repos and then plasma-desktop from AUR.
    That’s it. Plasma 5 will appear in lightDM DE select box before login

[0]: <a href=

Posts 9Views 3515