• Bluetooth won't send or receive files.

Good evening

I have been trying to send a photo from my phone to my laptop via bluetooth. There was no issues pairing the two together. However, my computer will just not receive the pick. I checked systemctl status bluetooth.service and this is the results:

[oli[email protected] ~]$ systemctl status bluetooth.service
    ● bluetooth.service - Bluetooth service
       Loaded: loaded (/usr/lib/systemd/system/bluetooth.service; enabled; vendor preset: disabled)
       Active: active (running) since Mon 2018-07-23 18:45:51 GMT; 1h 56min ago
         Docs: man:bluetoothd(8)
     Main PID: 451 (bluetoothd)
        Tasks: 1 (limit: 4915)
       Memory: 4.3M
       CGroup: /system.slice/bluetooth.service
               └─451 /usr/lib/bluetooth/bluetoothd

júl 23 20:20:48 OVG-ACER bluetoothd[451]: Failed to set mode: Blocked through rfkill (0x12)
    júl 23 20:22:07 OVG-ACER bluetoothd[451]: Unable to get io data for Object Push: getpeername: Transport endpoint is not connected (107)
    júl 23 20:22:52 OVG-ACER bluetoothd[451]: Unable to get io data for Object Push: getpeername: Transport endpoint is not connected (107)
    júl 23 20:27:22 OVG-ACER bluetoothd[451]: Unable to get Headset Voice gateway SDP record: Connection timed out
    júl 23 20:27:31 OVG-ACER bluetoothd[451]: /org/bluez/hci0/dev_B4_F1_DA_67_69_E5/fd0: fd(34) ready
    júl 23 20:28:36 OVG-ACER bluetoothd[451]: Unable to get io data for Object Push: getpeername: Transport endpoint is not connected (107)
    júl 23 20:34:17 OVG-ACER bluetoothd[451]: Unable to get io data for Object Push: getpeername: Transport endpoint is not connected (107)
    júl 23 20:35:19 OVG-ACER bluetoothd[451]: Unable to get io data for Object Push: getpeername: Transport endpoint is not connected (107)
    júl 23 20:40:11 OVG-ACER bluetoothd[451]: Unable to get io data for Object Push: getpeername: Transport endpoint is not connected (107)
    júl 23 20:41:43 OVG-ACER bluetoothd[451]: Unable to get io data for Object Push: getpeername: Transport endpoint is not connected (107)

My uname -a is:

Linux OVG-ACER 4.17.8-1-ARCH #1 SMP PREEMPT Wed Jul 18 09:56:24 UTC 2018 x86_64 GNU/Linux

Most of the posts I have found are rather old. the newest from this formum:
    https://forum.antergos.com/topic/5106/i-i-can-send-but-cannot-receive-files-via-bluetooth

I am wondering if this is a kernel issue, because if it is, then I have not found the OS that can run my laptop on version 4.16 (all forums I have found suggest to run 4.17 on Ryzen 5 2500U)

Now I am able to connect the phone with cable this time, but for the future it would be nice to have bluetooth option. The phone is Google Pixel 2 XL, if that is necessary.

Regards.

• Have a look at your output.
    It states it’s blocked through rfkill list
    Therefore do
    rfkill list bluetooth
    and then unblock as it’ll probably say that it’s either soft or hard blocked.

• hi again.
    also, why would you think that it’s blocked because of the kernel?
    I can’t think of any reason behind that.
    And why are you wanting to run 4.16 when you’ve already got 4.17 installed and you state that other posts around the Internet suggest to run that same 4.17 kernel?
    Sorry, but I’m quite confused.

• @modisc

I think you misunderstood me. I do not want to go to 4.16 because my computer can’t run on it.
    Some of these old solutions I checked mentioned that upgrading kernel seemed to resolve the issue (we are talking about kernel 4.6 or there about).

I was checking rfkill list of my bluetooth and it says:

[[email protected] ~]$ rfkill list bluetooth
    1: acer-bluetooth: Bluetooth
    	Soft blocked: no
    	Hard blocked: no
    2: hci0: Bluetooth

Still can’t send or receive through bluethooth.

• ok then.
    What does your hcitool scan say?
    if it’s down then you need to hciconfig hci0 up
    Also, other than having done a rfkill list bluetooth could you please do a rfkill list and then if anything is blocked, unblock it (unless you want to keep something blocked, that is).

also, is there a udev rule that blocks bluetooth upon boot? If there is can you check /etc/udev/rules.d/ and see if there is a bluetooth file there somewhere?

can you also try to start the daemon manually by doing
    sudo /usr/lib/bluetooth/bluetoothd -n
    what does the output say?
    Does it still say that it’s blocked by rfkill

• I had some interesting findings, especially with hcitool. I will paste everything from my terminal here.

[[email protected] ~]$ hcitool
    bash: hcitool: command not found
    [[email protected] ~]$ hciconfig hci0 up
    bash: hciconfig: command not found
    [[email protected] ~]$  hciconfig hci0 up
    bash: hciconfig: command not found
    [[email protected] ~]$ rfkill list
    0: acer-wireless: Wireless LAN
    	Soft blocked: yes
    	Soft blocked: yes
    3: phy0: Wireless LAN
    [[email protected] ~]$ rfkill list
    0: acer-wireless: Wireless LAN
    3: phy0: Wireless LAN
    [[email protected] ~]$ sudo /usr/lib/bluetooth/bluetoothd -n
    [sudo] password for olividir: 
    bluetoothd[15334]: Bluetooth daemon 5.50
    D-Bus setup failed: Name already in use
    bluetoothd[15334]: Unable to get on D-Bus
    [[email protected] ~]$ 

So hcitool was not found so I tried to turn it on. Second command is when I copied/pasted to terminal.
    Then I forgot to turn on bluetooth, so that is why I have two rfkill list

I did check /etc/udev/rules.d/ and found only one file named 60-schedulers.rules the content of that file is here:

# set deadline scheduler for non-rotating disks
    ACTION=="add|change", KERNEL=="sd[a-z]", TEST!="queue/rotational", ATTR{queue/scheduler}="deadline"
    ACTION=="add|change", KERNEL=="sd[a-z]", ATTR{queue/rotational}=="0", ATTR{queue/scheduler}="deadline"

# set cfq scheduler for rotating disks
    ACTION=="add|change", KERNEL=="sd[a-z]", ATTR{queue/rotational}=="1", ATTR{queue/scheduler}="cfq"

Maybe this tells you something.

• @olividir said in Bluetooth won't send or receive files.:

Maybe this tells you something.

The first rfkill list did when it showed that it was soft blocked and then became unblocked after the second rfkill command was actualized.

There is nothing in the udev rules that is remarkable.
    We can skip those.
    The only reason why I asked of those is in case you at some point in history had created a udev rule for reasons of your own that was interfering.
    So, nothing remarkable there.

Have you tried running bluetoothctl ?
    Use the man pages for that to scan for your devices, connect, etc.
    or bluetoothctl -h

One thing that we should go over right about now is that via bluetoothctl I would strongly encourage you to BLOCK all other bluetooth devices. So for example, suppose you live in an apartment. There are other neighbours nearby with bluetooth devices of their own.
    Block those.

I have found that through my own experiences, other people’s bluetooth devices always seem to interfere. I don’t know why, they just do.

Also, prior to connecting to your own device, remove your own bluetooth device from your system’s bluetooth device history.
    Start fresh.

Also, this here from your output
    Unable to get on D-Bus
    this means that another running daemon is using the same bus name.

there for do
    ps aux | grep blue

Also something else that comes to mind is, is your bluetooth device is even visible?

Also, I don’t know what your set up is like but if there is a bluetooth. conf file in /etc/dbus-1/system.d/
    can you open it and see what is there?
    Does the daemon need root priviliages to be started with or something else?
    The D-bus policy only allows for the root to own the service.

Read the wiki on D-bus, please link text
    can you try systemctl status dbus.service

Also, can you check the /var/log/syslog for any bluetooth related problems?

• So I am just getting on a 4 day weekend from work, so I really haven’t checked all these.

What I have done is check /etc/dbus-1/system.d/ and there is a bluetooth.conf file there. Here is the content of that file:

<!-- This configuration file specifies the required security policies
         for Bluetooth core daemon to work. -->

<!DOCTYPE busconfig PUBLIC "-//freedesktop//DTD D-BUS Bus Configuration 1.0//EN"
     "http://www.freedesktop.org/standards/dbus/1.0/busconfig.dtd">
    <busconfig>

<!-- ../system.conf have denied everything, so we just punch some holes -->

<policy user="root">
        <allow own="org.bluez"/>
        <allow send_destination="org.bluez"/>
        <allow send_interface="org.bluez.Agent1"/>
        <allow send_interface="org.bluez.MediaEndpoint1"/>
        <allow send_interface="org.bluez.MediaPlayer1"/>
        <allow send_interface="org.bluez.Profile1"/>
        <allow send_interface="org.bluez.GattCharacteristic1"/>
        <allow send_interface="org.bluez.GattDescriptor1"/>
        <allow send_interface="org.bluez.LEAdvertisement1"/>
        <allow send_interface="org.freedesktop.DBus.ObjectManager"/>
        <allow send_interface="org.freedesktop.DBus.Properties"/>
      </policy>

<policy at_console="true">
      </policy>

<!-- allow users of lp group (printing subsystem) to 
           communicate with bluetoothd -->
      <policy group="lp">
      </policy>

<policy context="default">
        <deny send_destination="org.bluez"/>
      </policy>

</busconfig>

I also checked in /var/log but there was no syslog there. The only thing of interest is faillog and that only has @^@^@^@ and it continues endlessly.

I will read up on dbus and check the other things tomorrow, I am just not in any mood tonight.

• no worries. take your time.
    Weekend is coming soon in a day and I’m usually out for the large part of those days. So I understand when you say “…not in any mood…”.
    Perfectly fine.

• I am going to have to put this problem on hold for a while. This computer started having hard freezes yesterday for no apparent reason (found out that tracker was the problem) and today under no load at all (haven’t figured this one out at the moment).

• htop might be able to help you stop the process that’s ‘hard freezing’ your laptop.
    can also try alt + sysrq + b to forcefully reboot.
    Having said that, this combination means that you have to have a QWERTY keyboard.
    or can try alt + sysrq + I to send the SIGKILL signal to all processes.
    It’s a little bit more aggressive.
    for sysrq it’s the Print Screen button on your laptop.
    can also try Ctrl+Alt+Backspace. This last one may or may not work but if it does to help you in the ‘freezing’ problems, then at least it provides some help.

• Well, I have bricked my boot because I was checking LTS OSes from live USB’s. I have no idea how that happened because it was live USB.

I guess it is step 1 for me again (complete install) and hopefully this time the computer won’t get worse after few upgrades like last time.

https://forum.antergos.com/topic/10372/hard-freeze-due-to-pcie-bus-error

This was my hard freeze problem.

Anyway. Thank you for your help 🙂

• No problem.
    Any time.
    Come any time for help.
    Hope it will work out the better for you the next time, too.

• @joekamprad

Thank you for that link.

I can tell you that bluetooth connection works now after clean install of Antergos, I didn’t need to configure anything and am very happy about the matter now.

Thank you for your help and time.

bluetooth46 4.17.8-11 Posts 15Views 571
Bloom Email Optin Plugin

Looks like your connection to Antergos Community Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.