• Update problem:"Failed to commit transaction"

I’ve been having a problem with the update for days, which I can not solve in any way. If I try to update the system both from the terminal or with Pamac I always have the same error:

Synchronizing package databases...
    Starting full system upgrade...

Resolving dependencies...
    Checking inter-conflicts...
    Warning: dependency cycle detected:
    Warning: harfbuzz will be installed before its freetype2 dependency
    Warning: dependency cycle detected:
    Warning: eglexternalplatform will be installed before its mesa dependency
    Downloading...
    Downloading antergos-wallpapers-0.7-3-any.pkg.tar.xz...
    Downloading mate-calc-1.20.2-1-x86_64.pkg.tar.xz...
    Downloading numix-icon-theme-1:0.r1976-1-any.pkg.tar.xz...
    Downloading numix-icon-theme-square-1:18.02.16-1-any.pkg.tar.xz...
    Downloading package-query-1.9.r380-3-x86_64.pkg.tar.xz...
    Checking keyring...
    Checking integrity...
    Error: antergos-wallpapers: signature from "Antergos Build Server (Automated Package Build System) <[email protected]>" is invalid
    Error: mate-calc: signature from "Antergos Build Server (Automated Package Build System) <[email protected]>" is invalid
    Error: numix-icon-theme: signature from "Antergos Build Server (Automated Package Build System) <[email protected]>" is invalid
    Error: numix-icon-theme-square: signature from "Antergos Build Server (Automated Package Build System) <[email protected]>" is invalid
    Error: package-query: signature from "Antergos Build Server (Automated Package Build System) <[email protected]>" is invalid

Failed to commit transaction:
    invalid or corrupted package:

How can i fix this problem?
    Thanks in advance for Your help

• @sardus-x said in Update problem:"Failed to commit transaction":

invalid or corrupted package

probably your database is out of synce.

if you don’t have reflector, then you probably didn’t deal with any new pacman.conf.new when you were supposed to.
    If this is the case then your output, after an upgrade/update, will always tell you instructions on what needs to be done next to keep your config files newer.
    read your output, it says that the sigs have an error.

you can try this

pacman -Scc
    pacman -Syy
    pacman -Syu

If this is not the case then it’s probably your keyring
    you can try

sudo pacman-key --init
    sudo pacman-key --populate archlinux antergos

or can also try this if the above doesn’t work
    pacman-key --refresh-keys

you can also have a look here:
    link text

• Thanks,

• reflector is installed (how could I check if it works well?)
    • I tried with
    sudo pacman-key --init
    sudo pacman-key --populate archlinux antergos

and

pacman-key --refresh-keys

as suggested but with the same error

(826/826) checking keys in keyring                                                                                              [##############################################################################] 100%
    (826/826) checking package integrity                                                                                            [##############################################################################] 100%
    error: mate-calc: signature from "Antergos Build Server (Automated Package Build System) <[email protected]>" is invalid
    :: File /var/cache/pacman/pkg/mate-calc-1.20.2-1-x86_64.pkg.tar.xz is corrupted (invalid or corrupted package (PGP signature)).
    Do you want to delete it? [Y/n] y
    error: numix-icon-theme: signature from "Antergos Build Server (Automated Package Build System) <[email protected]>" is invalid
    :: File /var/cache/pacman/pkg/numix-icon-theme-1:0.r1976-1-any.pkg.tar.xz is corrupted (invalid or corrupted package (PGP signature)).
    error: numix-icon-theme-square: signature from "Antergos Build Server (Automated Package Build System) <[email protected]>" is invalid
    :: File /var/cache/pacman/pkg/numix-icon-theme-square-1:18.02.16-1-any.pkg.tar.xz is corrupted (invalid or corrupted package (PGP signature)).
    error: failed to commit transaction (invalid or corrupted package)
    Errors occurred, no packages were upgraded.

• This post is deleted!
  • update,
    a new error appear after launching update with sudo pacman -Syu

Total Installed Size:  5872.91 MiB
    Net Upgrade Size:       425.48 MiB

:: Proceed with installation? [Y/n] y
    (826/826) checking keys in keyring                                                                                              [##############################################################################] 100%
    (826/826) checking package integrity                                                                                            [##############################################################################] 100%
    (826/826) loading package files                                                                                                 [##############################################################################] 100%
    (826/826) checking for file conflicts                                                                                           [##############################################################################] 100%
    error: failed to commit transaction (conflicting files)
    js52: /usr/lib/libmozjs-52.so.0 exists in filesystem
    libreoffice-fresh: /usr/lib/libreoffice/share/config/images_elementary.zip exists in filesystem

Any idea about

• Thanks,
    after removed /usr/lib/libmozjs-52.so.0

Total Download Size:      1.99 MiB
    Total Installed Size:  5872.91 MiB
    Net Upgrade Size:       425.48 MiB

:: Proceed with installation? [Y/n] y
    :: Retrieving packages...
     totem-3.26.2-1-x86_64                                                                                2033.6 KiB  1481K/s 00:01 [##############################################################################] 100%
    (826/826) loading package files                                                                                                 [##############################################################################] 100%
    (826/826) checking for file conflicts                                                                                           [##############################################################################] 100%
    libreoffice-fresh: /usr/lib/libreoffice/share/config/images_elementary.zip exists in filesystem
    [[email protected] ~]$ 

what does it mean and how to fix it?
    (I have to remove /usr/lib/libreoffice/share/config/images_elementary.zip too?)

I guess you can. I haven’t seen the error here though.

• @fernandomaroto said in Update problem:"Failed to commit transaction":

I guess you can. I haven’t seen the error here though.

Sorry, I was referring to this warning:

Sorry, I was referring to this warning:

Me too. :)

Remove the file and try updating again.

• @sardus-x said in [Update problem:"Failed to commit transaction"]

what does it mean and how to fix it?

here is a very good answer
    link text

• It works now!😃
    Thank You All
    Unfortunately, after the update at reboot I have problems with the nvidia drivers and I had to reinstall the nouveau drivers. I tried to reinstall nvidia drivers with:

sudo nvidia-installer -f

but did not solve the problem.
    nvidia geforce GT 710 and GDM display manager.

Any idea?

p.s. is it better to open a new question

• It may be the version of nvidia drivers installed
    Have a read of
    https://antergos.com/wiki/hardware/graphics/antergos-nvidia-installer-2/
    the solution may be there.

• I’ve had a bad hang a few days ago and it locked me out of my Cinamon DE. I like Enlighten but many programs are lost and I can’t a GUI to update and install as I had before… I’m confused.

• @sardus-x said in [Update problem:"Failed to commit transaction"]

p.s. is it better to open a new question

Hi. Yes it is. Separate topic, separate issue to navigate through.

transaction9 commit6 problemfailed1 Posts 15Views 1090
Bloom Email Optin Plugin

Looks like your connection to Antergos Community Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.