• Could you, please, check if my AUR package builds properly?

Guys, if someone is having a spare minute at the moment…

I’ve been just notified that my AUR package called obhud refused to build for some user:

Error while trying to update/install obhud:

==> Validating source files with md5sums... obhud-0.1.7.tar.gz ... FAILED obhud ... Passed obhud.conf ... Passed ==> ERROR: One or more files did not pass the validity check! Error downloading sources: obhud

Occurred while updating, tried uninstalling and reinstalling but error also happens on install.

I checked on 3 machines, and it updated (as well as installed) with no issue. Could you give it a try and let me know your result?

• @piotr said in Could you, please, check if my AUR package builds properly?:

…Could you give it a try and let me know your result?

It was installed and removed in Antergos Gnome without a single problem. Installation and removal were smooth as silk.

yaourt -S obhud
    sudo pacman -Rcnsu obhud

• Thank you very much! I have no idea what caused the issue, but I suppose it must be located on the user’s side.

Thank you very much! I have no idea what caused the issue, but I suppose it must be located on the user’s side.

insurance!!!

• @piotr

Hi!

I just tested in Portergos iso and the install also worked fine.

• @fernandomaroto Thanks! User’s machine must have used a cached .tar.gz file, while the source file name didn’t change, but the checksum did. I see no other explanation. In the future I’ll have to take care about different source file names for revisions, not for versions only.

• Just tried it, and it works like a charm!

• @keegan Excellent! Thankfully I can alway count on a bunch of friends here. :)

• So true! I just wish I had seen this thread sooner :) .

• Would you mind if I put your package here on my Reborn Repository? I really enjoy hosting things from friends, and so would love to add your latest package to that list!

• @piotr
    Ah yes, you mean in /tmp folder, right?

Anyway doesn’t explain why the error occurred in the first place, maybe the user canceled and resumed compiling… Not sure.

• @keegan said in Could you, please, check if my AUR package builds properly?:

Would you mind if I put your package here on my Reborn Repository?

Actually this is nothing but a set of stuff I was missing on my Openbox setup. If someone else makes use of it, the pleasure will be all mine :)

• @fernandomaroto said in Could you, please, check if my AUR package builds properly?:

Ah yes, you mean in /tmp folder, right?

Something like this. I’m afraid we’ll never know, as I’ve had no more feedback.

• Actually this is nothing but a set of stuff I was missing on my Openbox setup. If someone else makes use of it, the pleasure will be all mine 🙂

Still, I think I’ll add it! Thanks for the permission😀

• Just to add some more info on what caused the problem:

Weird, seemed to only error when I used yay and the --noconfirm flag. Removing the flag but leaving the PKGBUILD files unaltered allowed the installation to complete successfully. md5sums already matched what you’ve posted below. Sorry for the false alarm.

• In my OpenBox goes like silk !!!

• @judd said in Could you, please, check if my AUR package builds properly?:

In my OpenBox goes like silk !!!

Designed especially for Openbox! ;)

@judd said in Could you, please, check if my AUR package builds properly?:

In my OpenBox goes like silk !!!

Designed especially for Openbox! ;)

Obviously

aur54 properly24 builds2 Posts 18Views 610
Bloom Email Optin Plugin

Looks like your connection to Antergos Community Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.