• Installation aborts with cli or gui !

Hi,

I try to switch my distribution to Antergos.

After the download has finished, it aborts while checking packages, I think.

[2014-07-23 11:26:21] [slides.py] INFO: Zwischenkonflikte werden überprüft...  
    [2014-07-23 11:26:21] [slides.py] INFO: Checking and loading packages... (775 targets)  
    [2014-07-23 11:27:44] [slides.py] INFO: Dateikonflikte werden überprüft...  
    [2014-07-23 11:27:44] [slides.py] INFO: Checking and loading packages... (775 targets)  
    [2014-07-23 11:27:54] [pac.py] ERROR: Traceback (most recent call last):  
    File "/usr/share/cnchi/src/pacman/pac.py", line 77, in finalize  
    t.commit()  
    alpm.error: transaction failed, pm\_errno 47 (In Konflikt stehende Dateien), [('filesystem', '/install/usr/lib64', 'libnm-qt')]  

[2014-07-23 11:27:54] [process.py] ERROR: Installation notwendiger Pakete nicht möglich. Cnchi kann nicht forsetzen.  
    [2014-07-23 11:27:54] [show\_message.py] ERROR: Installation notwendiger Pakete nicht möglich. Cnchi kann nicht forsetzen.  

That are the last lines of the cnchi.log . I tried to install different windowmanager. But I can not complete the installation.

Any hints how to get through?

Sincerly,

Heinz

• Hi,

I try to switch my distribution to Antergos.

After the download has finished, it aborts while checking packages, I think.

[2014-07-23 11:26:21] [slides.py] INFO: Zwischenkonflikte werden überprüft...  
    [2014-07-23 11:26:21] [slides.py] INFO: Checking and loading packages... (775 targets)  
    [2014-07-23 11:27:44] [slides.py] INFO: Dateikonflikte werden überprüft...  
    [2014-07-23 11:27:44] [slides.py] INFO: Checking and loading packages... (775 targets)  
    [2014-07-23 11:27:54] [pac.py] ERROR: Traceback (most recent call last):  
    File "/usr/share/cnchi/src/pacman/pac.py", line 77, in finalize  
    t.commit()  
    alpm.error: transaction failed, pm\_errno 47 (In Konflikt stehende Dateien), [('filesystem', '/install/usr/lib64', 'libnm-qt')]  

[2014-07-23 11:27:54] [process.py] ERROR: Installation notwendiger Pakete nicht möglich. Cnchi kann nicht forsetzen.  
    [2014-07-23 11:27:54] [show\_message.py] ERROR: Installation notwendiger Pakete nicht möglich. Cnchi kann nicht forsetzen.  

That are the last lines of the cnchi.log . I tried to install different windowmanager. But I can not complete the installation.

Any hints how to get through?

Sincerly,

Heinz

• Hey Heinz,

Looks like the same problem as in this post: [url:2qu8caro]http://forum.antergos.com/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=1943[/url:2qu8caro]
    You have to wait a bit for the new iso what will come very soon, is what i understand.

Cheers

• The new iso is coming but I’ve run into more than a few issues trying to get our new build server up and running. You can install with the current iso buy updating the installer.

1. When the installer appears, exit using the “X” or press "Try it"
    2. Press Alt+F2
    3. Input “cnchi-dev” (no quotes)
    4. Press Enter
    5. Wait while installer is updated (usually 3-5 minutes–it will automatically start when ready)

Cheers!

• Hey Dustin,

Even the ALT+F2 is also not working for me.
    Nothing happens. (Mirrors are okay)

Cheers

• [code:2gp4p5l5]cnchi-dev[/code:2gp4p5l5]

Wohoo. That’s what I needed. Everything works fine. Thx a lot.

Heinz

• @“MichaelTiebesl”:x30icqy2 said:

Even the ALT+F2 is also not working for me.

[/quote:x30icqy2]
    Close the cnchi-install, and open up a terminal.
    You can start cnchi-dev from there. But maybe you have to keep it open, during the installation.

• It should work though it will depend on your network connection as far as how long it will take to update…

• This is what i got with the testing Cnchi:

[[email protected] ~]$ cnchi-dev  
    Selecting the best mirrors...  
    Testing Arch mirrors...  
    Done.  
    --2014-07-23 22:11:57-- http://antergos.info/antergos-mirrorlist  
    Resolving antergos.info (antergos.info)... failed: Name or service not known.  
    wget: unable to resolve host address 'antergos.info'  
    Testing Antergos mirrors...  
    $1 does not exist.  
    Done.  
    Installing missing packages...  
    :: Synchronizing package databases...  
    core 112.7 KiB 139K/s 00:01 [\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#] 100%  
    extra 1745.3 KiB 116K/s 00:15 [\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#] 100%  
    community 2.3 MiB 135K/s 00:17 [\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#] 100%  
    error: failed to update antergos (no servers configured for repository)  
    multilib 120.8 KiB 137K/s 00:01 [\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#] 100%  
    warning: os-prober-1.58-1 is up to date -- skipping  
    warning: f2fs-tools-1.3.0-1 is up to date -- skipping  
    warning: python-mock-1.0.1-3 is up to date -- skipping  
    warning: python-lxml-3.3.5-1 is up to date -- skipping  
    resolving dependencies...  
    looking for inter-conflicts...  

Packages (4): perl-error-0.17022-1 git-2.0.2-1 grub-1:2.02.beta2-4 python-mako-1.0.0-1  

Total Download Size: 9.74 MiB  
    Total Installed Size: 51.51 MiB  
    Net Upgrade Size: 24.11 MiB  

:: Proceed with installation? [Y/n]   
    :: Retrieving packages ...  
    grub-1:2.02.beta2-4-x86\_64 5.7 MiB 141K/s 00:42 [\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#] 100%  
    perl-error-0.17022-1-any 18.3 KiB 265K/s 00:00 [\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#] 100%  
    git-2.0.2-1-x86\_64 3.9 MiB 141K/s 00:28 [\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#] 100%  
    python-mako-1.0.0-1-any 117.8 KiB 175K/s 00:01 [\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#] 100%  
    (4/4) checking keys in keyring [\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#] 100%  
    (4/4) checking package integrity [\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#] 100%  
    (4/4) loading package files [\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#] 100%  
    (4/4) checking for file conflicts [\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#] 100%  
    error: failed to commit transaction (conflicting files)  
    python-mako: /usr/bin/mako-render exists in filesystem  
    Errors occurred, no packages were upgraded.  
    Removing existing Cnchi...  
    Getting latest version of Cnchi from testing branch...  
    /tmp/testing.sh: line 55: git: command not found  
    /tmp/testing.sh: line 57: cd: /usr/share/cnchi: No such file or directory  
    Starting Cnchi...  
    [[email protected] ~]$ python: can't open file '/usr/share/cnchi/cnchi.py': [Errno 2] No such file or directory

I don’t think my network is the problem.

• –2014-07-23 22:11:57-- [http://antergos.info/antergos-mirrorlist][0]">[http://antergos.info/antergos-mirrorlist][1]
    Resolving antergos.info (antergos.info)… failed: Name or service not known.
    wget: unable to resolve host address 'antergos.info
    THis is a DNS issue. antergos.info is my server. Its accessible from here. Try changing your DNS servers to google’s (8.8.8.8 & 8.8.4.4)

error: failed to commit transaction (conflicting files)
    python-mako: /usr/bin/mako-render exists in filesystem
    This I will have to fix in the next iso but you can do it by editing this file “/usr/share/cnchi/scripts/testing.sh” and add --force to the pacman command. Then run cnchi-dev again.

You can set your DNS servers in System Settings>>Network

Cheers!

[0]: <a href=
    [1]: http://antergos.info/antergos-mirrorlist

• Thanks Dustin,

The file cnchi in /usr/share is not there. At least i didn’t see it.
    I wait until the new ISO is there. Will not take long i think.
    I get the feeling you running Antergos alone.

Cheers

• Nah, not alone. We are in contact almost everyday. Everyone has really hectic schedules this time of year. It will settle down soon

• I too am getting:

Resolving antergos.info (antergos.info)... failed: Name or service not known.  
    wget: unable to resolve host address 'antergos.info'

Even using the Google DNS

Posts 13Views 3695