• "antergos-common-meta" cannot be reinstalled after removing it.

NOTE
    I would recommend you avoid updating “hunspell-es to hunspell-es_any” for now, maybe this will be fixed soon, but if you unistalled “antergos-common-meta” just like me 😓 to be able to update “hunspell-es”, then what I did may help you solve the problem.

Ok, so I decided to update “hunspell-es” as soon as I was notified there was an update, but by trying to do so, the system says “hunspell-es” need to be replaced by “hunspell-es_any”, you accept the change but then pacman says if you do so it would brake “antergos-common-meta” dependency with “hunspell-es”, so I decided to uninstall “antergos-common-meta” manually so I could update “hunspell-es” to “hunspell-es_any” using:

sudo pacman -R antergos-common-meta

and it got uninstalled without a problem, then, I used:

yaourt -Syua

to update my system and everything went just fine, then I tried to reinstall “antergos-common-meta” but it cannot be installed due to a problem with the “hunspell-es” dependency I mentioned before.

so, to solve this what I did was find the PKGBUILD for the “antergos-common-meta” package in order to get it back, you can find it here:

https://github.com/Antergos/antergos-packages/blob/master/antergos/antergos-common-meta/PKGBUILD

so, now you need to open a new empty file in a text editor like kate and paste the PKGBUILD content in it, then save the file as PKGBUILD in a new folder (I recommend you save the file in a new folder, you can name it whatever you want, you can do this just to delete the whole thing after you are finished installing the package), next open a terminal where you saved the file and use the next command (no sudo required):

makepkg -si

follow the instructions as with any other package and you are done, “antergos-common-meta” is back where it belongs.

After the installation is done, you can delete the folder where you save the PKGBUILD file.

Hope this helped you! 😝 .

• @dante_igashu

NOTE 2
    I forgot to say that you must change one dependency on the:

depends=

section, from “hunspell-es” to hunspell-es_any" before you save the PKGBUILD file.

removing15 reinstalled3 Posts 2Views 888
Bloom Email Optin Plugin

Looks like your connection to Antergos Community Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.