• Location Service

It says invalid PGP signature.

• Sorry forgot a step above. Just a sec and I’ll post the instructions, version 2.0😄

• Instructions 2.0!

1. Open pacman.conf by issuing this command into your terminal:
      sudo nano /etc/pacman.conf

2. Add these lines to the very end of this file:

[Reborn-OS]
    Server = http://repo.itmettke.de/Reborn-OS/

1. Save the file by using these keyboard shortcuts: CTRL + X , then ‘y’ (as in “yes”), and lastly ENTER .

2. In order to be able to pass our signature test (all our packages are signed, to accommodate increased security) simply download the package that the following link will fetch for you:
      https://repo.itmettke.de/Reborn-OS/rebornos-keyring-20180302-1-any.pkg.tar.xz

3. As for downloading this package, simply double click on it and Pamac (Add/Remove Software) will install it like normal, so that you never even have to mess with the terminal for this step!

4. Lastly, refresh your databases in order see this newly added repository:
      sudo pacman -Syy

And you’re all done! Hope this can help :) . And if you have ANY difficulty or questions about this, just post a message! I’d be more than happy to help :) .

P.S. Sorry about the late reply here, I got unexpectedly busy over the last day or so. Thanks for the understanding and patience!

• @keegan It works great! Thanks!

• Fabulous! Sorry about forgetting that little step in there😄. What packages have you enjoyed so far?

(Just so I know which ones I should make sure to keep updated and all)

• I don’t really do too much on my Antergos computer. My computer needs are very minimal at the moment, so I just use things like Libreoffice and other applications for writing. I have only installed the Redshift application so I can write at night without throwing off my circadian rhythm right before bed with blue light.

I’m curious though, what’s the main thing that separates Reborn OS from Antergos and really distinguishes it as an Arch based distribution? I like the name. What is your philosophy behind your OS?

• Oooh… this is a question I LOVE to answer😄. However, I also want to make sure I respect the Antergos devs here by not advirtising my distro on their forum (that just doesn’t seem right), so I’ll be replying to you via PM! See you in a minute :) .

• @keegan

Hi Keegan,

Sorry for the super late reply, but just did this and it worked like a charm!

Thank you so much for your work. :)

Looking forward to more of your work. :)

Ps.

Something happened to me after installing your software, idk if it’s a big or not, but the gui (window) was super huge and didn’t work properly. I rebooted my system and it works now, so I’m thinking it’s my end, but just thought I’ll give you a heads up.

• @thebacondaddy said in Location Service:

Something happened to me after installing your software, idk if it’s a big or not, but the gui (window) was super huge and didn’t work properly. I rebooted my system and it works now, so I’m thinking it’s my end, but just thought I’ll give you a heads up.

Well that sounds exciting😄. I’m glad a reboot fixed it for you. However, I honestly have no idea what caused that in the first place! Hence, my relief that rebooting fixed it ;) .

Sorry for the super late reply, but just did this and it worked like a charm!

Thank you so much for your work. 🙂

Looking forward to more of your work. 🙂

Thank you! And yay!!! It worked! If you’re interested, just PM me for more stuff!

Disclaimer: Many of my programs (such as that redshift one) were not originally mine. I just adapted them for use on Arch, but really - the credit should go to its creators. Or in other cases, I just “stole” the script from @manuel 😄. Well, with his permission of course! I have found most everything you need has been created at some time by someone else. After all, there’s several BILLION people on this planet! So normally, it’s more a matter of finding what I’m looking for and then changing a few little things for use on my distro (or Arch). Thought you should know!

service18 location5 Posts 29Views 1530
Bloom Email Optin Plugin

Looks like your connection to Antergos Community Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.