• No WiFi on Minimal ISO

Hi everyone,

I have issues installing antergos from minimal ISO. In short, it lacks WiFi. Once installer loads, it displays a message like connect to the Internet using connections icon or something like that.

Now here’s the problem - connections icon is unavailable (doesn’t exist). If I run installer from “normal” ISO, the same message is displayed and icon is available as it should, so I just click it, select my WiFi networks and installer is good to go. Just like at https://www.reddit.com/r/archlinux/comments/4nd02r/cant_install_antergos_because_live_usb_shows_no/

Tested this using minimal and full ISOs v18.6 and v18.7 on 2 different computers - result is the same. Connections icon is not available on any computer in both 18.6 and 18.7 minimal ISO, and connections icon becomes available on both computers when using full ISO, no matter if it’s 18.6 or 18.7. With this in mind, I only have these ideas:

1. Minimal ISO has no WiFi drivers or only contains drivers for very few WiFi cards.
    2. There’s a bug in minimal ISO.

For some reason, wifi-menu command also can’t establish connection on any of computers when using minimal ISO, so my only option to install antergos is full ISO.

Both computers are desktop systems. 1st has ACUS PCE-AC56 card ( https://www.asus.com/us/Networking/PCEAC56/ ), 2nd has Intel Wireless-AC 9560 (integrated into mobo)

• @toxpal
    Installing rtl8812au-dkms-git for the Asus card might help.

Could you show the output of command

lspci -knn | grep Net -A2

for both machines?

• @toxpal
    Sorry, I misread your post, my post won’t help you.

• @toxpal
    Could you try to run nm-applet & in a terminal to see if the icon will appear somewhere at minimum iso?

• @manuel, only have access to one PC (with Intel Wireless-AC 9560) at the moment, but it did the trick.

However, when I click the icon to open connections window, no single connection is listed. So I booted from full ISO on the same PC again, and sure enough, both 2.4GHz and 5GHz connections are listed in connections window.

What does it mean? Lack of some drivers on minimal ISO?

• @toxpal
    Sounds like that, but let’s ask if @developers want to say more about it.
    I’d guess minimal ISO is kept at minimum, so quite a lot of software is missing from it compared to the full ISO.
    Personally I always use the full ISO just because it contains much more (very useful) software.

• Actually, it’s the main reason why I want to use minimal ISO - to have bloat-free OS without Clementine, messenger, QT development tools, CD burner (I really don’t know a single person who used CD during recent years), and other bundled apps.

• sudo wifi-menu

from a terminal will make you able to scan for wifi networks…

It seems NetworkManager Applet is not able to scan for wifi networks… it is only possible to ad a wifi connection and put in SSID and password manually…

• @toxpal said in No WiFi on Minimal ISO:

the main reason why I want to use minimal ISO - to have bloat-free OS without Clementine, messenger, QT development tools

the installer itself is the same on both ISO’s and it will install OS + DE in the same way, with the same packages.
    If you want to create your own set, use base install, and install what ever you want then from CLI :)

• Thanks, I wasn’t aware of that. For some reason I thought minimal ISO will deploy a system with my selection DE, just without additional applications.

• Should be named minimal-ISO ;)

wifi126 iso78 minimal9 Posts 11Views 647
Bloom Email Optin Plugin

Looks like your connection to Antergos Community Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.