• Trash icon on desktop is always in red

Hi
    Trash icon on desktop is in red even when trash is empty.
    How can I solve this issue?
    Thanks.

• what color is it normally

• Hmmm… over here, mine is green. Or at least the trash shown in it is. And I’ve just updated Deepin an hour ago, so I’m certainly using the newest packages. When did you start experiencing this problem?

• Hi
    I use KDE Plasma desktop environment, correct icon when trash is empty is blue.
    I have two user accounts on my system, the problem only affects one of them.

• Sorry about that then 😄. For some reason, I was thinking that you were using Deepin! If it’s KDE Plasma, then I’m afraid I may not be of as much help. However, I will certainly be keeping tabs on this thread in case something does turn up that I can add to, clarify, or help with :) .

• I had the same problem, ended up deleting the desktop trash and emptying trash through dolphin.

• @deadite66 said in Trash icon on desktop is always in red:

I had the same problem, ended up deleting the desktop trash and emptying trash through dolphin.

Bad news.
    I hope to find some solution for my case.

Thank you all.

• @strangiato said in Trash icon on desktop is always in red:

I have two user accounts on my system, the problem only affects one of them.

So the problem seems to be on one user account, specifically in some program settings.

One easy way to solve it is to create a new user account, start using that, and ditch the account that has the problem.

But be sure to create good backups of the data on the problematic user account before deleting anything.

• check your .Trash folder and .local/share/Trash/

• Had the same problem for multiple times. Even if Trash is empty, icon is red sometimes. However, 90% of time it can be solved by rebooting. If that doesn’t work, I just run Bleachbit and set it to cleanup all the KDE stuff - does the trick every time.

• @trytip said in Trash icon on desktop is always in red:

check your .Trash folder and .local/share/Trash/

I deleted all files in .local/share/Trash/ but the problem persists.
    .Trash does not exist in my home.

• @toxpal said in Trash icon on desktop is always in red:

Had the same problem for multiple times. Even if Trash is empty, icon is red sometimes. However, 90% of time it can be solved by rebooting. If that doesn’t work, I just run Bleachbit and set it to cleanup all the KDE stuff - does the trick every time.

thanks, but your tip also did not work.

• This post is deleted!
  • just put some black tape over it 🤣
    does it do the same if you change the icons ? you can also delete everything in .cache folder (loggoff required if you do) does find $HOME ! -user $USER -type f return anything bad with permissions ?

• @trytip your command returned nothing about permissions.
    I solved the bug after remove the trash icon and add it again by dragging it from dolphin to my desktop.
    However the bug reappeared after I empty the trash using the option available in the context menu of the icon on desktop.

icon50 trash7 red3 Posts 15Views 921
Bloom Email Optin Plugin

Looks like your connection to Antergos Community Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.