• How to stop pacman timeout

Hi, it’s been a year since my city got Gigabit fiber networks and it’s still getting problems once a while, every time something goes wrong my pacman timesout after 10sec every single server is like that, the problem is in our service provider, i can install everything through the browser but its tedious, i previously found a solution (Adding options timeout:1 to the end of resolv.conf) but it gets back to normal after restart, is there a permanent fix?

• Hi,

If you’re using Antegos default setup, it uses NetworkManager to create your /etc/resolv.conf, so you cannot edit that file manually (it is recreated on each boot).

If you still want to use networkmanager for managing your connections, you should edit:
    /etc/NetworkManager/NetworkManager.conf and try to make your changes there.

Unfortunatelly I have no clue what needs to be done to tell Networkmanager to add that timeout:1 option to resolv.conf

You can check the manual:
    man networkmanager.conf

The other option (that I do not know if it’s easier or harder) would be to use systemd-resolved to manage your dns setup.

https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/Domain_name_resolution#Systemd-resolved

pacman111 stop14 timeout3 Posts 2Views 203
Bloom Email Optin Plugin

Looks like your connection to Antergos Community Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.