• Docky and the stationery

Hello people.
    In a new installation, just 2 days ago, of Antergos with KDE, yesterday I installed Docky to launch the applications, and everything worked perfectly, with its animations and intelligent hiding.

Today when turning on the PC I find that these animations no longer work and that it remains fixed, with an opaque background that can not be changed.
    Nor does the effect of wobbly windows that I had on desktop effects work.

I know the Docky dock needs to have those desktop effects activated, but I do not know how to activate them, nor why they were disabled.
    The only thing I did was an update yesterday of just two packages that I do not remember what they were.

Any solution?

• Dock apps like Plank, Cairo dock or Docky don’t work well within the KDE/plasma environment, sooner or later they fail to function, like in your case.

Try Latte dock, it’s a dock app that was made for the KDE desktop.

• Hi, thanks for your comment.

The truth is that the use of Docky is, more than anything, an old habit of using it in both Mate and Cinnamon, both with Gnome origin.

Looking for something more specific KDE I found Latte, as well you recommend, but it gives me a somewhat erratic behavior, since what I want is that it has an intelligent hiding and that it is only activated when the mouse passes over.

And if I tell him to show himself permanently, he does not do it either, disappearing from sight shortly.

It really is a strange behavior that I do not understand well.

I’ll keep trying to see …

• Yes, Latte dock has its faults, I’m not sure, but I think it’s still under development.

You can have those effects with the taskbar, in my case it’s displayed when nothing is open on the desktop and autohides when an app is on fullscreen. Ofcourse you can make it behave like you want, just play with it in the taskbar settings.

0_1530796688319_KDE.jpg

• Cairo dock work well with my KDE/Plasma environment and thats from the beginning of using Antergos, at moment I have the 5.13.2 version of KDE Plasma.

• @fingal12
    Did you do something with the settings, because it broke several times over here in the past. (Just curious)

• @bryanpwo said in Docky and the stationery:

Yes, Latte dock has its faults, I’m not sure, but I think it’s still under development.

You can have those effects with the taskbar, in my case it’s displayed when nothing is open on the desktop and autohides when an app is on fullscreen. Ofcourse you can make it behave like you want, just play with it in the taskbar settings.

0_1530796688319_KDE.jpg

Nice screen fonde.

Is it the entrance to your farm? :-D

• I wish!!!😆
    Nah, just got it from internet a couple of years ago.

• Sometimes dreams become true ;-)

• I am testing Cairo Dock, in view of the problems with Docky and that Latte Dock gives me an erratic behavior and, at the moment, everything is quite good.

The fact is that Docky gave me problems by disabling the desktop effects, which we can re-activate in System Preferences / Screen and Monitor / Composer, and that I had disabled
    alt text

• I did nothing at all, just installed it and then changed the icons in the dock, thats all.

kde176 docky4 plasma-kde2 Posts 11Views 304
Bloom Email Optin Plugin

Looks like your connection to Antergos Community Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.