• dialog - missing package

after yesterday update with slick greeter i have problem to start lightdm service so i try to fix this but in home i am use only wifi. so when i am run in console systemctl start NetworkManager my next step was setup my wifi network. i always for this use wifi-menu because its included into antergos. but after i run sudo wifi-menu i see message in red font.

Please install 'dialog' to use wifi-menu

maybe there are other ways to configure wifi in console but
    if antergos contains wifi-menu it should also contains all necessary package need to run this package so please add “dialog” package to next antergos release

• @joksik
    Seems that dialog is an optional dependency of the netctl package.
    Now Arch has a new release netctl 1.17 in testing.

• @joksik said in dialog - missing package:

after yesterday update with slick greeter i have problem to start lightdm service

i have this an 5 systems with slick greeter too, i have to switch to lightdm-gtk-greeter or the standard antergos lightdm-webkit2-greeter to solve lightdm failing to start.

• ha ha ha i do not follow my own words… and do not check the AUR comments:

If you upgraded from version 1.2.1 to 1.2.2, check the /etc/lightdm.conf and replace the “slick-greeter” to “lightdm-slick-greeter” in line “greeter-session” (should be line 110 if not close to that line)

• ok. thx good to know how to fix slick-greeter ;)

• Yes, thanks @joekamprad. However, wouldn’t it be prudent to add this info to this page on the wiki https://antergos.com/wiki/desktops/installing-display-managers/#LightDM_-_change_the_greeter_not_the_DM?

• @grenouille already corrected, but id needs some time till database is rebuilded to be present.

• @joekamprad Cool, thanks. Should have known you’d be on top of it.

• Can you help me? Consultation In the story I never knew before.

• @Hostingky what story?
    This is no issue any more…

missing50 dialog7 Posts 10Views 428
Bloom Email Optin Plugin

Looks like your connection to Antergos Community Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.