• Antergos 18 x86_64 Xfce crashes regardless of what browers I use...

Hi all
    I have HP Elitebook 8730w workstation laptop with NVIDIA Quadro FX 3700M with 1 GB and 240GB SSD drive. The laptop is well-looked after.

After successfully installed Antergos with Xfce and nivida (340.xx) using 1GB /boot (ext2), 120GB (ext4) / and 6GB /swap.

The problem started when using the browser, any browsers, (chromium, firefox, google-chrome etc) the system froze. Cannot move the mouse. Only happened with browsers and no other apps. I even reinstalled using brtfs instead of ext4 with no luck. Also, swapped out with a different working hard drive and the result was the same.

What could be the issue?

• @mrroberts said in Antergos 18 x86_64 Xfce crashes regardless of what browers I use...:

HP Elitebook 8730w

do you try LTS Kernel and LTS nvidia drivers?

actual Kernel have some bugs related to inputdevices.

• sudo pacman -S nvidia-340xx-lts linux-lts  linux-lts-headers

and choose the LTS startup on advanced options for Antergos inside boot menu.

• Do I need to remove the current nvidia driver or your command will take care of that?

As for the kernel LTS, is there a way to make that permanent?

Thanks to both of your suggestions

• no you can have them both installed side by side, but as i see it is needed to rebuild grub cfg before reboot to have LTS Kernel inside the bootmenu:

sudo grub-mkconfig -o /boot/grub/grub.cfg

• if you want to have LTS kernel as started by default you can remove the current kernel and regenerate grub.cfg or you need to edit the config for default boot entry:

https://antergos.com/wiki/install/how-to-make-grub-boot-different-kernels-by-default/

xfce78 crashes30 x86641 regardless1 Posts 6Views 251
Bloom Email Optin Plugin

Looks like your connection to Antergos Community Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.