• Suggestions for Antergos

Okay so this may be a biased list but here is a list of things I would want to see in future releases of the distro:

1: Allow installation of pepperflash in the installer: Now that chromium no longer works with normal flash and flash is going to be dead if Antergos wants to use chromium its fine but for the olve of pete offer a prepackaged version of pepperflash or something, I understand why antergos doesnt want to ship it by default but at least keep it in a community repo or something.
    Hey there is a multimedia repo why not put it in there?

2: get a better gui front end for pacman
    PacmanXG sure as heck has its issues for me, I find pamac a better front end. Sure without proper settings it will stick out like a sore thumb on KDE but PacmanXG is a rather weak front end.

3: Speaking of KDE, get rid of friggin gnome shell and go KDE in the future. Not only ids kdenext a better transition here in the future but unlike the gnome project KDE isnt dominated by crazy people who hate features and love sticking things in dumbed down UI’s, speaking of which

4: replace totem with something better: the new totem sucks its beyond broken and does not even bloody work. Replace it with VLC or Mplayer

5: offer firefox and thunderbird options in the installer: self explanatory, while chomium is okay it lacks all the plugins so firefox is now a must until it too dumps plugins (but hopefully that time no plugins will be needed and a time of sanity will finally come)

• Okay so this may be a biased list but here is a list of things I would want to see in future releases of the distro:

1: Allow installation of pepperflash in the installer: Now that chromium no longer works with normal flash and flash is going to be dead if Antergos wants to use chromium its fine but for the olve of pete offer a prepackaged version of pepperflash or something, I understand why antergos doesnt want to ship it by default but at least keep it in a community repo or something.
    Hey there is a multimedia repo why not put it in there?

2: get a better gui front end for pacman
    PacmanXG sure as heck has its issues for me, I find pamac a better front end. Sure without proper settings it will stick out like a sore thumb on KDE but PacmanXG is a rather weak front end.

3: Speaking of KDE, get rid of friggin gnome shell and go KDE in the future. Not only ids kdenext a better transition here in the future but unlike the gnome project KDE isnt dominated by crazy people who hate features and love sticking things in dumbed down UI’s, speaking of which

4: replace totem with something better: the new totem sucks its beyond broken and does not even bloody work. Replace it with VLC or Mplayer

5: offer firefox and thunderbird options in the installer: self explanatory, while chomium is okay it lacks all the plugins so firefox is now a must until it too dumps plugins (but hopefully that time no plugins will be needed and a time of sanity will finally come)

• Nice list

About 1, 4 and 5 - I think I’ve read somewhere on this forum, that there will be possibility to pick some software on installation level, so I think we just have to wait.

About pepperflash and repos - Is’n pepperflash in aur already? Anyway, Antergos shares repositories with ArchLinux, so I think that putting pepperflash in multimedia or any other repo by Antergos team is quiet hard to achieve ;p

PacmanXG is IMHO most powerfull frontend for pacman available. Also, there will be some gui refreshment soon. You can find out about it in this topic: [http://forum.antergos.com/viewtopic.php?f=28&t=1859][0]">viewtopic.php?f=28&t=1859
    And sure, octopi (based on Qt <3) and pamac are much smoother than PacmanXG, but the last one give users much more options to use. With PacmanXG there is no way to use “regular” pacman ;p

[0]: <a href=

Posts 3Views 1030