• Grub screen

In a fresh installation of Antergos the grub screen is black and white. Not the normal blue screen that we all love!!! What can i do to have that default screen?

• Check that you have the grub2-theme-antergos package installed. If you do, check that the antergos theme is set in grub config.

==> Installation:
    ==> Add theme to your /etc/default/grub:
    GRUB_THEME="/boot/grub/themes/Antergos-Default/theme.txt"
    ==> Preferred resolution 1024x768: GRUB_GFXMODE=1024x768
    ==> Update grub:# grub-mkconfig -o /boot/grub/grub.cfg

• The Antergos theme is in grub config. The last two lines where to put it? Sorry for the silly question but i am not tha experienced user

• GRUB_THEME="/boot/grub/themes/Antergos-Default/theme.txt"
    GRUB_GFXMODE=1024x768

the two lines above should be in /etc/default/grub
    add them if they’re not.

after you’ve added them, you have to update the grub config.

grub-mkconfig -o /boot/grub/grub.cfg

should do the trick.

If the theme already is in your grub config, I’m not sure why it’s not showing up to be honest.

• I done all the things you said but still the same

• not working for me either, in a clean installation…

• The procedure described by @searedvandal is right, only thing here on my pc is GRUB_GFXMODE=auto instead of picking a specific resolution.

• @fernandomaroto said in Grub screen:

GRUB_GFXMODE=auto

that’s what i had by default

• @quimkaos
    ok, my install is old, so maybe i have an old cofig file for /boot/grub/themes/Antergos-Default/theme.txt compared to yours, i guess only @developers could check if something is wrong with the newest package.

• i installed the 18.5 ISO 3 weeks ago and the grub menu was the regular blue Antergos theme. Due to some serious OS messing up i reinstalled using the new 18.6 and now i have the default black & white grub menu.

• @quimkaos
    I think is not related with the iso version, since cnchi downloads packages and intall to new system.

I also just checked the build in the repository and it seems grub2-theme-antergos is the same package for years, so it’s not package related, but maybe related with some grub update ( there was an udate for grub 18/06/2018)…

Once again i think developers can answer you that, since your config file seems to be ok i don’t know what else you can try.

• this is a BUG then, as i have this on all latest installs inside VM also!
    0_1530014117020_Bildschirmfoto vom 2018-06-26 13-54-03.png

• i track it down:

0_1530032916567_Bildschirmfoto vom 2018-06-26 19-08-13.png

• I can confirm that copying unicode.pf2 from another machine to /boot/grub/fonts works!

• @quimkaos actually, you can find unicode.pf2 in usr/share/grub.
    I copied the Antergos theme folder to usr/share/grub/themes & the Starfield folder to boot/grub/themes. I also copied all the fonts to boot/grub/fonts.
    I did too many steps at once, so I’m not sure which one fixed it, but now I have the normal Antergos boot screen back.

• Intalling with the new iso the grub screen is back to normal.

grub109 Posts 17Views 723
Bloom Email Optin Plugin

Looks like your connection to Antergos Community Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.