• Eagle and FreeCAD with black background

Hello,
    After few years with Ubuntu and Mint, i’ve changed to Antergos few weeks ago, which is working like a charme.
    But i have trouble with Eagle and FreeCAD. The background of these ist black, so i couldn’t see the icons.
    0_1529744988993_747a04b3-3b0f-4980-aa1c-04382f1fedb7-image.png
    I’ve played with the settings and themes but nothing happend to this behaviour.
    Any ideas?
    Tnx, Ingo

• @ingo FreeCAD is based on QT and you may are inside a GTK based Desktop Environment?

then you will need to change themeing with qt5ct

As far as i know should work as it is preconfigured to do so, simple open qt5ct and set theming with this

• @joekamprad Thank you, but nothing changed while playing with qt5ct.

• some programms like i saw in gimp have there own theme settings inside programm settings… where you can change theme icons e.t.c.

• I know this answer is for WPS Office on an AskUbuntu site, but it might be relevant if you can find the file in the /bin/ directory and follow the directions using something like -style GTK+ because that’s what worked for me with the WPS suite of apps with each bin file. WPS is a qt app as well.

https://askubuntu.com/questions/889601/wps-office-change-spreadsheets-default-fill-background-color

• @ingo Install kvantum, choose your theme in kvantum, then open qt5ct and set the theme also to kvantum.

IMHO kvantum and qt5ct completes each other.

• @edwin-foss OK, ist’s working for OpenSCAD, but nor for FreeCAD or Eagle. But in FreeCAD i found now Themes, which is working.

• @Ingo
    I just built from AUR and set my theme to Adapta (my prefered is Adapta-Nokto) and look like this, but since I never learned CAD this is what I’ve got 0_1530907419853_screenshot.png
    It’s strange that doesn’t work for you, but I’m glad that you found a workaround 😁 .
    For Eagle I think I can’t help, I built successfully from AUR but I don’t have any account to proceed 😥

• @ingo
    Oh!, I almost forgot if the program was built against QT4 running qtconfig-qt4 and change “GUI Style” to GTK+ can fix some behaviours.

• @edwin-foss SUCCESS! qtconfig-qt4 is the solution for Eagle 6.
    0_1530945039869_8d8c06c9-e8b9-4d42-9470-c93196bfb089-image.png
    Many thanks to you and the other helpers!

black71 background13 eagle1 freecad1 Posts 11Views 599
Bloom Email Optin Plugin

Looks like your connection to Antergos Community Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.