• Completely blown away

I started out long long ago with Soft Landing (remember that?) and then went on to many others including Suse, Red Hat, Ubuntu, and Mint … even tried Puppy and TinyCore. I’ve used Mint for the past many years and it was just fine but I wanted to go to a rolling distro, as updating five machines (really, reinstalling) every year or two had become agonizing.

I didn’t want the long process of pure Arch five times over, and tried Manjaro. It just didn’t do it for me, maybe because I used the Gnome 3 version and found out why so many people hate Gnome 3.

So then came Antergos. I installed XFCE … and … wow. Three machines within a day and the other two won’t take a lot longer. (And these are backup/wipe/install/restore some stuff/set-up installations.)

But what really blew me away was the utter vastness of the stuff available through AUR … and all of it pretty much at the latest revision. That doesn’t happen with Mint. Further, everything worked out of the box, including things I never expected such as my scanner and my Nvidia graphics card. That didn’t happen with Mint either. Not to say that Mint is bad, it’s actually very good, but … wow.

Thanks so much to the Antergos community for this great distro. And yes, I did donate.

• good choice to take XFCE for stability easy to use and less rescource eating!
    And luckily we just get the default look and feel working with xfce ;)

Welcome back!

• Good choice in desktop environment :-) I’ve been using mainly XFCE for quite a while and it’s the one DE that I always seem to come back to whenever I stray away a bit to see if the grass is greener on the other side. Currently I’m checking out the color of the grass in MATE, and so far it’s pretty green here as well. But I’m not sure if it’s enough to keep me away from the wonderful XFCE.

completely5 away4 blown1 Posts 3Views 220
Bloom Email Optin Plugin

Looks like your connection to Antergos Community Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.