• Can't open Websites over Ethernet connection

I just recently switched from Manjaro to Antergos and after changing from lightdm to gdm everything worked fine until today when i did my first “pacman -Syu”. It updated some packages and powered it off. When i turned it on again, i opened chrome and tried to open some websites which didn’t work. i thought the router was causing problems again and reset it but that didn’t help

I am specificially writing “open websites” because i can open steam and login and chat with friends. but i cant open the store page or download anything. i can connect to 192.168.0.1 (router) and mess around with the settings . [b:11udy3uw]The PC can still open websites Using Windows 7[/b:11udy3uw] and [b:11udy3uw]my laptop (win8

I suspect it has something to do with the update i made so maybe a rollback would fix it but “pacman -Sy” just results in timeouts. I know that i am only using stable packages

Anyone got a clue?

[EDIT]: After rebooting multiple times and open and closing the Connection a few times it works again. still i dont know why though, i didn’t try anything new. Just kinda solved itself. Really wierd.

• I just recently switched from Manjaro to Antergos and after changing from lightdm to gdm everything worked fine until today when i did my first “pacman -Syu”. It updated some packages and powered it off. When i turned it on again, i opened chrome and tried to open some websites which didn’t work. i thought the router was causing problems again and reset it but that didn’t help

I am specificially writing “open websites” because i can open steam and login and chat with friends. but i cant open the store page or download anything. i can connect to 192.168.0.1 (router) and mess around with the settings . [b:11udy3uw]The PC can still open websites Using Windows 7[/b:11udy3uw] and [b:11udy3uw]my laptop (win8

I suspect it has something to do with the update i made so maybe a rollback would fix it but “pacman -Sy” just results in timeouts. I know that i am only using stable packages

Anyone got a clue?

[EDIT]: After rebooting multiple times and open and closing the Connection a few times it works again. still i dont know why though, i didn’t try anything new. Just kinda solved itself. Really wierd.

• it sounds like DNS related.
    BTW, enjoy!

• probably DNS related…
    i had the same problem in Gnome. The DNS were in automatic, making my only DNS the adress of my router. That was not working for me, so I changed to my ISPs DNS. You probably can find them in your router admin page. You can probably use Google DNSs: 8.8.8.8 / 8.8.4.4

Posts 4Views 1004