• Cnchi installing problems

@searedvandal sure… but the reason for the issue is completely unclear…
    and on 6 of my successfull installations i do NOT have this inside the cnchi log:
    download_requests.py(259) download_package(): Can't download None, Cnchi will try another mirror.

so may it is related to the issue… as it will download the package from another mirror and this one may have a different/wrong/corrupted checksum/package i do not know…

• @joekamprad

I completely agree, the source of the issue is completely unclear. I had 6 of 8 installs complete without any errors yesterday, without having to do anything. I basically just clicked next all the way. I got Openbox installed after that without any errors by manually editing the mirrorlists / using reflector (since I’m lazy). Today I’ve been doing some testing on the i3 option, and this also failed at first, but after some manual editing of mirrorlist + reflector, that too finished without any errors.

And I’m now currently trying to do a KDE install with https only mirrorlists that I’ve had reflector save for the arch list and that I copied from my antergos-mirrorlist on my daily driver. Fingers crossed for a complete install without any errors.

To me it’s seemingly “random” what mirrors and packages the integrity checks fails with on the installs that failed. I can’t see any particular patterns, other than it’s 2 packages every time the install has failed for me.

• Guys, an interesting question is: what triggers the problems?
    We have seen that on some days installing works, and on some other days not. So what changes between these days?

Lets assume cnchi itself is not changing (at least for a few days).
    We can select to use only one protocol, like http, and select mirrors accordingly.
    Like this we can minimize the factors causing potential issues.

Is the only thing that may (irrationally) change: how/when the mirrors update themselves? If so, maybe that points to the direction that the checksum info is irrationally changing, from mirror to mirror?

The logs show that packages are fetched from many different mirrors. I really don’t know why cnchi wants to use so many different mirrors. I’d assume only the fastest mirror could suffice. There may be some implementation reason for using many mirrors, but I don’t know what it could be.

• One scenario for the cause of the problem based on above is:

• cnchi tries to fetch a package and its checksum from one mirror
    • but the package download fails, and checksum did not
    • then cnchi uses another mirror to fetch the previously failed package, but still uses the previous checksum

Now, as the two mirrors may not be on the same update level, the checksum from one mirror doesn’t anymore match the package from another mirror?

• to add another one it is also a fact that KDE do not install at all, and i try as @searedvandal i3 option ( -z option for cnchi) and it fails also …

• The above is pure speculation, since I don’t know how cnchi works.
    But maybe devs could check if something like this is happening.

• @manuel I meant my previous post was pure speculation, I was NOT referring to Joe’s comment! ;)

• I’ve tried all the tricks I can think of with KDE, it fails every time. I’ve tried reflector and manually editing the mirrorlists, I’ve tried cnchi-dev, I’ve tried grabbing the 0.16.100 version directly from github, and the list goes on.

And every time it’s different mirrors and different packages that fail. The only thing that stays the same is the number of packages that fail integrity check, 2.

• I’ve been trying to install KDE since yesterday, always running into errors, while also trying tricks similar to @searedvandal, but to no avail.

I do have a theory of what may be the cause, but I’m not sure of course. I think the liblastfm-qt5 package is the problem, because it is a dependency of clementine, which is in turn a dependency of antergos-kde-meta.

If we try to install liblastfm-qt5 manually, there is a problem with the package checksum validation:

[[email protected] ~]$ sudo pacman -S liblastfm
    error: could not register 'multilib' database (database already registered)
    :: There are 2 providers available for liblastfm:
    :: Repository antergos
       1) liblastfm-qt5
    :: Repository extra
       2) liblastfm-qt4

Enter a number (default=1): 1
    resolving dependencies...
    looking for conflicting packages...

Packages (8) double-conversion-3.0.0-1  qt5-base-5.11.1-1  tslib-1.16-1  xcb-util-image-0.4.0-2  xcb-util-keysyms-0.4.0-2  xcb-util-renderutil-0.3.9-2  xcb-util-wm-0.4.1-2
                 liblastfm-qt5-1.1.0.r637-2

Total Download Size:    0.19 MiB
    Total Installed Size:  60.06 MiB

:: Proceed with installation? [Y/n] y
    :: Retrieving packages...
     liblastfm-qt5-1.1.0.r637-2-x86_64                                                       193.6 KiB  2.28M/s 00:00 [####################################################################] 100%
    (8/8) checking keys in keyring                                                                                    [####################################################################] 100%
    (8/8) checking package integrity                                                                                  [####################################################################] 100%
    error: liblastfm-qt5: signature from "Antergos Build Server (Automated Package Build System) <[email protected]>" is invalid
    :: File /var/cache/pacman/pkg/liblastfm-qt5-1.1.0.r637-2-x86_64.pkg.tar.xz is corrupted (invalid or corrupted package (PGP signature)).

The installation of liblastfm-qt4 is successful though, and clementine will also install successfully, but of course we do not (appear to) have the option in Cnchi to choose, so I believe this package install fails, and takes the whole KDE desktop install with it.

I have no idea what else to try, or if it’s even possible during the live USB session to remove the clementine dependency from the antergos-kde-meta package. Again, assuming this is even the actual cause of the issue.

• The laptop required a system, several days tried to install Antergos, all the time an error. As a result, I installed another competitive system, although I like Antergos much more. Friends, I’m very sorry that this mistake has not been corrected for a long time.

• @scar45 said in Cnchi installing problems:

liblastfm-qt5 package is the problem, because it is a dependency of clementine, which is in turn a dependency of antergos-kde-meta

Thanks for this hint!

https://github.com/Antergos/Cnchi/issues/906

I just add this to the issie at GitHub!

I do not see clementine depending on liblastfm-qt5…

• To make discussion more simple and less confusing i am –closing– here.

Please go here for discussion:

https://forum.antergos.com/topic/10140/antergos-installer-crashes-at-the-end

cnchi157 installing119 Posts 32Views 2905
Bloom Email Optin Plugin

Looks like your connection to Antergos Community Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.