• Antergos installer crashes at the end

Hi i have been trying to install antergos in my new laptop and cant do it. The installer go to the very end , when there is only one loading bar, and then crashes telling me to refer to code: None. Ive re-downloaded the image, checked the md5 and even tryed on a VM in another computer so the problem cant be mine. Is it possible that there is a corrupt package preventing me to download it and consequently not finish the installation. The packages i chose to install were: aur, bluetooth, chrome, kernel lts, printing, libreoffice.
    I would appreciate the help thanks.

• Issue was resolved by setting the mirrors as default in the installer. Insetead of letting cnchi rank them.

• Yes there is a bug with the mirror ranking, as it chooses some mirrors with outdated certificates, what makes cnchi end with fail on corrupted packages…

• @joekamprad
    If we know the reason, do you know if @developers are already fixing it?

• they know only thw cause but i do not think they know why this is making cnchi fail, as usually it tries to use the next mirror if one fails, but may they do not think about ssl error, or it simple never happen before…

• Wish I was fluent with python, then could check the code and maybe even find what the problem is… :)

• @santi-264 said in Antergos installer crashes at the end:

Issue was resolved by setting the mirrors as default in the installer. Insetead of letting cnchi rank them.

It did not help me. Two times today tried to install on the laptop and both times at the end of the error.

• Issue was resolved by setting the mirrors as default in the installer. Insetead of letting cnchi rank them.

this is not helping here too…

• Does Cnchi have an option to manually choose what mirrors you want to use? I can’t remember exactly all the steps, as it has always worked for me and I just fly through the steps. Would be helpful if Cnchi had a way to manually choose mirrors.

If it doesn’t have that, I guess one could always fire up a terminal after Cnchi have ranked the mirrors and manually edit the mirrorlist.

• I’ve already tried it. Exposed the servers only with http. Anyway, an error …

• I am very unhappy with the problem and the fact that it is not corrected in any way. Is there an approximate time frame for the correction?

• Do @developers need any further information about the issue(s)?

I’m willing to help in any way I can, at minimum I can do install tests on a VM (currently the problem occurs also on a VM install).

• devs do not talk that much on what they are doing… i reported a BUG at GitHub and it is marked as critical, but this was 6 days ago, but i do not get any comment…

• @joekamprad
    Seems that we have to help solve this! ;)
    For me it means starting to learn Python well (much much better than my current level).
    But it would be very helpful if @developers could give some good pointers to the cnchi code, its structure, and the potential problem spots they suspect to be the root cause.
    And a pointer to the latest code is needed.

If anyone else (already knowing Python well) is interested in helping, please do! :)

• I would help if I could, but my python skills are rudimentary at best. I can read through and understand some things, but not enough to be able to troubleshoot the python code unfortunately. I added a comment to the open issue @joekamprad has on github with some of my observations from the logs he provided though. Hopefully that provides some help.

• I did some more testing in VirtualBox just now and found a way that worked for me and gave me a install that succeeded. Maybe worth a try for others with the same troubles?

See https://forum.antergos.com/topic/10155/cnchi-can-t-install-openbox-on-virtualbox/4 for full description.

• @manuel said in Antergos installer crashes at the end:

But it would be very helpful if @developers could give some good pointers to the cnchi code, its structure, and the potential problem spots they suspect to be the root cause.

I’ve been working on this.

did some more testing in VirtualBox just now and found a way that worked for me and gave me a install that succeeded.

@searedvandal
    I’ve just read your solution (very quickly). It looks like a mirror problem, am I right? Then there’s nothing we can do in Cnchi to bypass this (apart from avoiding the ‘problematic’ mirror)

i reported a BUG at GitHub and it is marked as critical, but this was 6 days ago, but i do not get any comment…

@joekamprad that was me. As critical as it might seem, I’ve been really busy again (but I’ll have more free time in July) and it didn’t look like a Cnchi’s problem per se (as I explained before).

I’ll do some tests… but Cnchi does not check if a package is “corrupted” until it has downloaded all of them and tries to start installation (in fact, its libalpm the one who does the check).

• @karasu

Yeah, to me it looks like a mirror problem since my workaround with letting reflector filter and generate the mirrorlists worked. The funny thing is that I just now finished testing a VirtualBox install of XFCE, install succeeded and I have now just completed the first boot and am looking at a rather glorious XFCE desktop. I’ll do some more testing with each DE (or as many as I manage to get through before I have to get some sleep) in VirtualBox, see if I can detect some patterns.

• To add something to the discussion, since I’m working trying to get Antergos with KDE running for 8 hours straight today, could’ve installed arch, gentoo or even LFS in this time honestly.
    I’ve managed to get it installed with gnome in the end after I did following:
    reflector --verbose --country 'Germany' -l 200 -p https --sort rate --save /etc/pacman.d/mirrorlist
    replace country germany with your country here.
    sudo pacman -Syy && sudo pacman -S archlinux-keyring

As Filesystem I used btrfs, for additional packages i went with firefox

Now I’ll go back and see what it takes to get it installed with KDE, I’ll let you know once I get any success.

• Thank you all for your patience and your tests.

I’m testing right now an Openbox installation (leaving all by default, letting Cnchi sort the mirrors, not running anything, like reflector, before running cnchi).

I’ll comment here my findings in a few minutes.

installer57 crashes30 Posts 72Views 5309
Bloom Email Optin Plugin

Looks like your connection to Antergos Community Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.