• KDE 5.13 Update - So Far, So Good...

I’m not trying to jinx anything, but so far KDE 5.13 is working beautifully on my laptop. I will admit I was surprised to see it roll out so fast from the announcement yesterday, but I’m very happy it is working so well. I don’t know if I’m using fewer resources, but it’s so incredibly low to begin with I’m just happy it didn’t go up! Everything seems to be nice a fast, and I’m not seeing anything unusual. Great job to all!

• So far so good too!

Umuntu Ngumuntu Ngabantu
    a person is a person through other people

• think i might jump from Gnome and give it a shot.

havent tried KDE in years.

• I’m also interested on testing KDE again after all last positive reviews about it.

Portergos site
    https://github.com/Portergos/portergos-iso

Still in love with Antergos (default OS)
    I3wm

Linux newbie since 06/2016

• @adam-worth to be honest I didn’t notice any difference in stability or performance.
    For me it was pretty stable and performing with the 5.12 release too.

• @sonnet
    In a way, that’s a good thing, right? 😉
    But I know what you mean, I didn’t notice a big difference either.

KDE/XFCE/i3-WM

Everybody is a genius, but if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing its stupid.

• The settings seem to be more intuitive and it is also pretty light on resources - comparable to some of the so-called lightweight DEs. Much lighter than gnome.

Umuntu Ngumuntu Ngabantu
    a person is a person through other people

• @bryanpwo I certainly meant it in a good way. KDE become so good and stable that I hope the next major release (6.x.x) will arrive as late as possible.

• @bryanpwo said in KDE 5.13 Update - So Far, So Good...:

@sonnet
    In a way, that’s a good thing, right? 😉
    But I know what you mean, I didn’t notice a big difference either.

I know. I’m just happy there wasn’t a lot of stuff breaking, crashing, bloating, etc. The most important things for me are:

• Stability
    • Runs Software without problems
    • Low resources
    • Free is good. 😉

I’m very grateful to the open source community. When you can find what you need and want, that’s golden.

kde166 5.131 good1 Posts 9Views 454
Bloom Email Optin Plugin

Looks like your connection to Antergos Community Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.