• Antergos - The Name

Greeting everyone,

I figured that I’d just stop by here and mention how lovely Antergos is, and what a good job the developers and the community is doing!

A thought that crossed my mind is, what does Antergos mean? At first i figured that it probably was a Spanish/Catalan word, but to my surprise, Google Translate didnt really make me any smarter.

Would the Antergos-Founder/Developers please enlighten us about what Antergos means?

With kind regards, gallo

• Greeting everyone,

I figured that I’d just stop by here and mention how lovely Antergos is, and what a good job the developers and the community is doing!

A thought that crossed my mind is, what does Antergos mean? At first i figured that it probably was a Spanish/Catalan word, but to my surprise, Google Translate didnt really make me any smarter.

Would the Antergos-Founder/Developers please enlighten us about what Antergos means?

With kind regards, gallo

• Según la wikipedia de Antergos: [i:34t2xeyv]http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Antergos[/i:34t2xeyv]

[b:34t2xeyv]Antergos[/b:34t2xeyv] (previously known as [b:34t2xeyv]Cinnarch[/b:34t2xeyv]) is a Linux distribution of Galician origin based on the Arch Linux operating system. It uses the GNOME 3 desktop environment by default but it can also be used with Cinnamon, Razor-qt and Xfce. It was released on July 2012 as Cinnarch and by May 2013 it ranked among the top 30 most popular distributions at Distrowatch. The Galician word [i:34t2xeyv]Antergos (meaning: ancestors)[/i:34t2xeyv] was chosen “to link the past with the present”

• Well, thank you for that cold reply kaxlanwa.

Even though I missed the meaning last time I read on the wikipedia page, I’d still prefer a reply with some sense.

• @“gallo”:12kfnj9w said:

Well, thank you for that cold reply kaxlanwa.

Even though I missed the meaning last time I read on the wikipedia page, I’d still prefer a reply with some sense.[/quote:12kfnj9w]I think you may have taken the reply in a negative light when I can assure you it was not meant that way. We do not tolerate negative, unhelpful posts in our community. In fact its one of the most important principles that Antergos was found upon. Now, many users and developers, including myself, have busy schedules and families to take care of so do not always have a lot of time. This means you might get a short and to the point answer every now and then but it certainly will never be a rude, cold, or otherwise negative. Just thought I should clarify this. Welcome to our community, btw!

Cheers!

• @“gallo”:lzty0uvm said:

Greeting everyone,

A thought that crossed my mind is, what does Antergos mean? [/size:lzty0uvm]
    With kind regards, gallo[/quote:lzty0uvm]
    it means "ancestors"
    it’s a galician word
    Galicia[/url:lzty0uvm], northwest corner region in Spain.

• All right. It’s all good.

Thank you lots.0.logs and XoseM.

With kind regards
    gallo

Posts 7Views 2072