• Displaylink no longer recognized by latest kernel

I have a dual monitor setup for my laptop one of which is connect by displaylink. I successfully setup display link and was using it, until a kernel upgrade 2 or 3 months ago. usually after a kernel upgrade i simply need to install reinstall evdi-pre-release and display link, since evdi has to compile against the headers. however now when I try to login to Xorg, the server tries probe my displaylink device and logs me out. Even when I do a xrandr, my displaylink is not found. I verify the displaylink service is running so I’m not sure what’s broken. Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

• @dasfletch
    I’m no expert on displaylink, but you could check /var/log/Xorg.0.log to see what (if anything) is wrong. Also command journalctl -b -0 might show useful info.

There are also other displaylink packages (like displaylink) in pamac/AUR, are they usable for you?

• evdi-pre-release and displaylink is what @dasfletch is building to get displaylink working before, this is the only solution with latest kernels…

But it is not clear to me what the problem is, as you say “until a kernel upgrade 2 or 3 months ago” it was working… so it is not working till then? and do you try to update now?

kernel124 longer12 recognized11 displaylink4 Posts 3Views 253
Bloom Email Optin Plugin

Looks like your connection to Antergos Community Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.