• Installation Freezes On Vmware Player

Hi
    I tried to install Antergos.2014.06.24 on vmware player 6 but installation process froze
    here’s a screen image when the installation freezes:
    :exclamation:Sorry, this attachment is unavailable.

and first I thought the problem would be solved if i disable i2c_piix4 in kernel so I entered this command in kernel command line:

linux /arch/boot/vmlinuz root=/dev/sda1 initrd=/arch/boot/archiso.img modprobe.blacklist=i2c\_piix4 

but it didn’t work and here’s the error:
    [b:2k1ipv0p][i:2k1ipv0p]what’s wrong with this command?
    Is the problem with i2c_piix4 or it’s related to something else?
    how can I solve this problem?

• Hi
    I tried to install Antergos.2014.06.24 on vmware player 6 but installation process froze
    here’s a screen image when the installation freezes:

and first I thought the problem would be solved if i disable i2c_piix4 in kernel so I entered this command in kernel command line:

linux /arch/boot/vmlinuz root=/dev/sda1 initrd=/arch/boot/archiso.img modprobe.blacklist=i2c\_piix4 

but it didn’t work and here’s the error:
    [b:2k1ipv0p][i:2k1ipv0p]what’s wrong with this command?
    Is the problem with i2c_piix4 or it’s related to something else?
    how can I solve this problem?

• @“raimaker”:3nx5grpf said:

and first I thought the problem would be solved if i disable i2c_piix4 in kernel [/quote:3nx5grpf]This error can be safely ignored. You don’t need to disable anything.

While the live image should work with VMWare (all the required drivers are included), it’s untested. The other devs and I use VitrualBox. If I have time I will look into the issue with VMWare but for now I recommend you use VirtualBox.

Cheers!

Posts 3Views 806