• \[SOLVED\] Upgrading Google

A few weeks ago I installed Google Chrome with the following command ‘yaourt -S google-chrome --noconfirm #Install google chrome’. It worked. I received an update for Chrome yesterday, tried to install it, but it failed. I rebooted and tried again. I installed but Chrome was not working correctly (slow, items on the toolbars whited out just to name a few). I reinstalled Chromium.

My question: Is there a correct way to upgrade programs from the Arch Repository so that it works properly? Just to clarify, I used Paman to update Chrome this time around, not the command line. I have installed a few other programs from the Arch Repository and would like to avoid any future issue.

Thanks for any advice.

• A few weeks ago I installed Google Chrome with the following command ‘yaourt -S google-chrome --noconfirm #Install google chrome’. It worked. I received an update for Chrome yesterday, tried to install it, but it failed. I rebooted and tried again. I installed but Chrome was not working correctly (slow, items on the toolbars whited out just to name a few). I reinstalled Chromium.

My question: Is there a correct way to upgrade programs from the Arch Repository so that it works properly? Just to clarify, I used Paman to update Chrome this time around, not the command line. I have installed a few other programs from the Arch Repository and would like to avoid any future issue.

Thanks for any advice.

• chromium should update when you update your system
    sudo pacman -Syu

i dont use the AUR that much myself.

• @“megaman”:19irpzbx said:

chromium should update when you update your system
    sudo pacman -Syu

i dont use the AUR that much myself.[/quote:19irpzbx]
    True, except I do have other programs with AUR I need.

• there is a command line way but i forgot what that is.

you can use pacmanxg. look under tasks and there is a update aur option. that should take care of your aur apps

• Para actualizar AUR:

yaourt -Syyu --devel --aur --noconfirm

espero te sirva
    Saludos

• thats the one

• Thank you all, a friendly Forum is everything.

Edit: To be clear, by doing this command Aur apps will update properly?

• yep, all packages you have installed from aur be updated, do it at least once a week

• @“kaxlanwa”:35bzkkfd said:

Para actualizar AUR:

yaourt -Syyu --devel --aur --noconfirm

espero te sirva
    Saludos[/quote:35bzkkfd]You can shorten that up a bit

I have similar shortcuts for other pacman commands and also systemctl commands

Cheers!

• Thank you.

• Muchas gracias lots.0.logs esa no me la sabía.
    Saludos

Posts 12Views 2362