• \[SOLVED\] Upgrading Google

A few weeks ago I installed Google Chrome with the following command ‘yaourt -S google-chrome --noconfirm #Install google chrome’. It worked. I received an update for Chrome yesterday, tried to install it, but it failed. I rebooted and tried again. I installed but Chrome was not working correctly (slow, items on the toolbars whited out just to name a few). I reinstalled Chromium.

My question: Is there a correct way to upgrade programs from the Arch Repository so that it works properly? Just to clarify, I used Paman to update Chrome this time around, not the command line. I have installed a few other programs from the Arch Repository and would like to avoid any future issue.

Thanks for any advice.

• A few weeks ago I installed Google Chrome with the following command ‘yaourt -S google-chrome --noconfirm #Install google chrome’. It worked. I received an update for Chrome yesterday, tried to install it, but it failed. I rebooted and tried again. I installed but Chrome was not working correctly (slow, items on the toolbars whited out just to name a few). I reinstalled Chromium.

My question: Is there a correct way to upgrade programs from the Arch Repository so that it works properly? Just to clarify, I used Paman to update Chrome this time around, not the command line. I have installed a few other programs from the Arch Repository and would like to avoid any future issue.

Thanks for any advice.

• chromium should update when you update your system
    sudo pacman -Syu

i dont use the AUR that much myself.

• @“megaman”:19irpzbx said:

chromium should update when you update your system
    sudo pacman -Syu

i dont use the AUR that much myself.[/quote:19irpzbx]
    True, except I do have other programs with AUR I need.

• there is a command line way but i forgot what that is.

you can use pacmanxg. look under tasks and there is a update aur option. that should take care of your aur apps

• Para actualizar AUR:

yaourt -Syyu --devel --aur --noconfirm

espero te sirva
    Saludos

• thats the one

• Thank you all, a friendly Forum is everything.

Edit: To be clear, by doing this command Aur apps will update properly?

• yep, all packages you have installed from aur be updated, do it at least once a week

• @“kaxlanwa”:35bzkkfd said:

Para actualizar AUR:

yaourt -Syyu --devel --aur --noconfirm

espero te sirva
    Saludos[/quote:35bzkkfd]You can shorten that up a bit

I have similar shortcuts for other pacman commands and also systemctl commands

Cheers!

• Thank you.

• Muchas gracias lots.0.logs esa no me la sabía.
    Saludos

Posts 12Views 3022
Bloom Email Optin Plugin

Looks like your connection to Antergos Community Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.