• Gigabyte Aero 14 970M model battery life

Does anyone here have a Gigabyte Aero 14 970M model? The reason I Ask is that I seem to be unable to get power consumption lower than 10 watts on idle which to me seems quite high but I am unsure. I am using Bumblebee and TLP for power saving and I also have the following kernel parameters

nmi_watchdog=0 i915.enable_fbc=1 i915.enable_rc6=7 i915.lvds_downclock=1 i915.enable_psr=1 pcie_aspm=force iwlwifi.power_save=1 bt_coex_active=1 iwlwifi.power_level=5 i915.enable_guc_loading=1 drm.vblankoffdelay=1 i915.enable_guc_submission=1 acpi_osi=! acpi_osi=Windows\ 2009" any information would be great thank you.

• how do you measure it?

• I have used both powertop and the gnome power statistics app.

• Hi so I believe I have figured out my own issue and thought I would share as it may help others. Essentially I noticed that powertop always indicated that my keyboard was drawing power but I mostly have the back-light turned off so it didn’t make sense but then noticed the programmable macro keys were always on and as I do not use them all the time I figured I would turn them off.

My testing has been limited so far but I have seen power consumption drop as low as 4 watts.

This does seem high for just some keys but the readings may be off.

Anyway I am happy and I hope this helps someone else.

gigabyte2 model1 970m1 aero1 Posts 4Views 174
Bloom Email Optin Plugin

Looks like your connection to Antergos Community Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.